Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2020, 06:42 PM   #71

Agile quotes their H1 at 25 lbs. Weigh your OEM jack and you'll know.

I don't think you'd lose much, if any, stability by trimming a little off the width of the base with an angle grinder if it's close. You could even carry a steel base plate to sit it on that could be stored elsewhere or on edge.

Where there's a will there's a way.

BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #72

Garage
Not something I would normally suggest, but cant imagine shaving 1/4" from each edge would hinder performance enough to be of concern. Just more precautions taken on any un-level surface.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:50 PM   #73

It is a thought! Part of that cost benefit analysis! Have used the stock jack many years ago on a previous sportsmobile on a goofy steep gravel off camber road, and am pondering..
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:14 PM   #74

If you were really concerned, you could make an extended baseplate that actually attached to the trimmed baseplate. The simplest way would be to put matching threaded holes in each and screw them together for use.
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:09 AM   #75
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorefc View Post
Bummer, I've got 6.75 wide in the water tank storage section..my scale off from the pictures was optimistic
Thanks
IMHO even a slightly trimmed base plate of the Hummer Jack would be far, far superior to a stock jack---if you mean the little bottle jack Ford included with the E-Series.

Do keep in mind when the jack, its tools and the Agile adapter are packed in the carry bag the dimensions grow a bit over the bare jack. Basically any spot where the jack itself fits can be configured to accept the packed jack so its really not that much more bulky.

I fit the packed jack and several other larger wheel tools in an otherwise unused space. Where there's a will there's a way I'm sure.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 12:22 AM   #76

Hey, got a question about the jack and adapter that I'm hoping someone here might answer since this forum seems to be the biggest users.

I bought this jack and adapter, seems super strong, only issue is it is incredibly slow to raise/lower. I have the jack only, not the special ratchet it comes with, but I can't imagine that's much quicker.

I see that using an impact is not recommended, and I tried my 18V drill (42lb ft of torque) which doesn't have nearly enough torque to lift it up. Does anyone have a clever solution they've come up with? I was debating getting a torque multiplier but at that point I think I'd rather get something else. I figure there's got to be something that can run off 12v and connected to a 1/2 female socket that can lift this reasonably quickly.

I wanted to get this to replace a floor jack/keep in my truck but it seems like it's really just meant for trail use, might end up getting rid of it if that's the case.
jack_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 07:48 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_man View Post
I see that using an impact is not recommended, and I tried my 18V drill (42lb ft of torque) which doesn't have nearly enough torque to lift it up. Does anyone have a clever solution they've come up with?

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...nds-15417.html Post 6 may answer your question.....
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:18 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorefc View Post
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...nds-15417.html Post 6 may answer your question.....

So basically, no? I can't imagine any hand method would be quick.
jack_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:02 AM   #79
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_man View Post
So basically, no? I can't imagine any hand method would be quick.
No, raising one of our vehicles with a Hummer or other scissor jack is NOT "quick"---unless you're running NASCAR or Indy Car races quick isn't really a requirement in tire changing. This is due the mechanical advantage of these jacks makes the process "slow" but requires very little effort to raise. I've done this using the included tools with one hand on the relatively short ratchet handle.

The impact driver is a very bad idea because IF there was a problem lifting a truck you'd want to "feel it" through whatever tool you're using. Should there be an unseen or unanticipated problem the impact might hide or disguise that.

Hope that helps.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 12:00 PM   #80
Site Team

Anyone in Pennsylvania (near Chambersburg) want to go into the HMMWV jack business? Saw this auction coming up for a lot of what looks to be a pallet of 29 HWWMV jacks.

https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/T...rm=&pnLink=yes

Herb