RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-28-2020, 11:45 AM   #21
Site Team
 
BroncoHauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern New Mexico
Posts: 9,525
Just a heads-up, according to the product manual;
"Do NOT store in locations where the temperature may exceed 60℃" [140 degrees F].

Most of the lithium battery jump starters I've seen have similar warnings. I've personally seen jump starters where the battery packs have swollen due to the heat inside vehicles or vehicle trunks. That said, most of my vehicles have a jump start pack stored in them.

Herb
__________________

__________________
SMB-less as of 02/04/2012. Our savings account is richer, but our adventures are poorer.
BroncoHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 12:47 PM   #22
Site Team
 
daveb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Turlock Ca
Posts: 10,029
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Just a heads-up, according to the product manual;
"Do NOT store in locations where the temperature may exceed 60℃" [140 degrees F].

Most of the lithium battery jump starters I've seen have similar warnings. I've personally seen jump starters where the battery packs have swollen due to the heat inside vehicles or vehicle trunks. That said, most of my vehicles have a jump start pack stored in them.

Herb

That is very important. My Anti-gravity jump starter did swell enough that it's starting to split the case. It started after siting in a black car during summer.
__________________

__________________
2006 Ford 6.0PSD EB-50/E-PH SMB 4X4 Rock Crawler Trailer

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 01:09 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Kibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
That is very important. My Anti-gravity jump starter did swell enough that it's starting to split the case. It started after siting in a black car during summer.
Out of curiosity, did your anti-gravity have a case, or was it sitting out in the open? I admittedly haven't adhered to Li polymer safety precautions with my existing jumper, but I'm definitely thinking about it now!
__________________
2011 Ford E350 EB Quigley 4x4 'PUPLGUK' | V10 Gas | Opt Overland Pop Top | GBS LiFeMnPO4 100Ah
Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #24
Site Team
 
daveb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Turlock Ca
Posts: 10,029
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Out of curiosity, did your anti-gravity have a case, or was it sitting out in the open? I admittedly haven't adhered to Li polymer safety precautions with my existing jumper, but I'm definitely thinking about it now!
It was in the supplied soft case with the charger, adapters and battery clips. It spent time both in the trunk and the cab before I noticed the plastic case splitting. If I do it again I might put it in a lipo fire bag and try to use insulation so hopefully it maintains a more reasonable safe storage temp. I'd rather keep it in the vehicle fully charged for obvious reasons.
__________________
2006 Ford 6.0PSD EB-50/E-PH SMB 4X4 Rock Crawler Trailer

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:37 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 418
I have a NOCO and happy with it so far. It started my completely dead 5.4, battery had less than 4 volts.
__________________
2020 T250 AWD Ecoboost 148 High Roof Long
2004 E350 RB 5.4L 4x4 Chateau (SOLD)
Cyrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Kibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
It was in the supplied soft case with the charger, adapters and battery clips. It spent time both in the trunk and the cab before I noticed the plastic case splitting. If I do it again I might put it in a lipo fire bag and try to use insulation so hopefully it maintains a more reasonable safe storage temp. I'd rather keep it in the vehicle fully charged for obvious reasons.
That's an interesting idea. I suspect the reason mine has been OK so far is likely due to having the case buried beneath other stuff (blankets, etc.) or stuffed in an emergency roadside bag.

One more post and you're at 10k!
__________________
2011 Ford E350 EB Quigley 4x4 'PUPLGUK' | V10 Gas | Opt Overland Pop Top | GBS LiFeMnPO4 100Ah
Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 03:54 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Twoxentrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Posts: 1,918
Garage
FWIW, Noco currently has a Cyber Monday deal - the GB70 2000 amp for $123.41
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-Ult...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Claims its up to task for a 6.0 Diesel... I have no experience with this one, I use their NOCO Boost Pro 4,000 Amp Jump Starter and it works fantastic.
__________________
TwoXentrix
"AWOL"
Twoxentrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:09 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
bigriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Columbia River Gorge
Posts: 332
Audew and 7.3 PSD

I got the Audew last week and tried it out today on our 7.3 psd. I left the lights on til battery was at 11 volts... van would slowly turn over but not start. Hooked up the Audew and it started right up. Rig hadn't run all day and about 38 deg. outside temp. Looking good.
__________________
Joe
2003 EB50 7.3L PSD Q4X4
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:09 PM   #29
REF
Senior Member
 
REF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boulder, CO.
Posts: 2,108
Send a message via MSN to REF
Good to hear, havenít needed to use mine yet. I wonder if storing it in the aluminess box would be a good idea, for fire suppression, wonder how hot they get inside. Might have to put one of my remote temp units in there next time Iím in hotter temps, but I do keep a small 5gal propane tank in there, that would not be a good combination!
__________________

__________________
'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
(de)SMB'd Custom RB-50
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile Offroad's R.I.P. package
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×