Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2019, 06:21 PM   #1

Interesting jump starter comparison video

I stumbled across this and found it interesting. Thought some of you would also.

4x4sporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:33 PM   #2

Garage
^^^ thanks for the post. definitely something ive been looking into recently.

we have a couple of noco's that we use for the student trainer cars and theyve been pretty impressive. everyone here raves about how good they work compared to the old jumper boxes we have. wonder if he just got a bad one for that test? either way, if the audew and topvision work that much better than the noco im seriously impressed. ive just been waiting for it to get continuously cold here so I can test the noco's on a freezing cold 7.3 and see what they can do.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #3

I have been on the fence about these for a while now but I think there is an audew in my future.
Old 12-15-2019, 05:41 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post

ive just been waiting for it to get continuously cold here so I can test the noco's on a freezing cold 7.3 and see what they can do.
That would be an interesting test--if you do it please update us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4sporty View Post
I have been on the fence about these for a while now but I think there is an audew in my future.
Having watched a few other YouTube videos on the Audew I'm inclined to agree. I would wonder if keeping it at 100% ready is advisable as mentioned in a reply about this device. Not sure how one would keep it at say 85%---not sure that's even a thing about these sorts of jump packs.

I'd also be curious if re-charging one of these from the vehicle (while running) would take? I'm thinking if I used it to jump a vehicle should I re-charge it immediately after to top it off?

AND I have to question how would one of these devices work with both battery cables disconnected? I've seen a few YouTube videos where just the negative cable is disconnected which might affect the true effectiveness of these jump packs.

(Found another Audew user review test this time on a dead battery which is a realistic test I believe---the important parts begin at 6m17s into the unboxing and yada yada yada about features and included bits etc etc Have a look for yourself:

I do have to say though WOW on how well these dinky things do jump staring a vehicle. Typically I never let my starting battery run completely dead so if one was on-board I'd want it kept ready for action 24/7/365.

Minor Update: Searching for these online I'm finding nearly no one selling them. Various YouTube links say Amazon carries them yet they're "currently unavailable, no idea when they'll be available again". The manufacturer or main distributor seems to be off shore which adds a bit of delay to receiving answers to questions---they might sell them direct if not in stock at their USA outlets. If I find an answer to where, who and when I'll pass it along here.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Minor Update: Searching for these online I'm finding nearly no one selling them. Various YouTube links say Amazon carries them yet they're "currently unavailable, no idea when they'll be available again". The manufacturer or main distributor seems to be off shore which adds a bit of delay to receiving answers to questions---they might sell them direct if not in stock at their USA outlets. If I find an answer to where, who and when I'll pass it along here.
This is a link to main page
https://www.audew.com/Audew-20000mAh...1a1c49f4fe686d
Old 12-17-2019, 05:10 AM   #6
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4sporty View Post
Thanks 4x4Sporty---I did find that page and messaged them asking about several things. They don't seem to accept PayPal direct transfers for payment, want me to add a credit/debit card instead. I'm not comfortable with that for some reason.

I'm waiting for their reply to my questions---if anything there is pertinent and worthy of sharing I'll be glad to post those here.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:52 AM   #7

You can pre-order on Amazon for $100: Audew Upgraded Car Jump Starters, Jump Box 2000A Peak 20000mAh Battery Charger Automotive(up to All Gas and 8.5L Diesel), 12V Battery Booster with 3 Modes LED Flashlight and Dual QC USB Ports https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GR17R3X..._tcigEbE05RKV2
FloridaNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:07 AM   #8
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyCone View Post
Any updates? I messaged them on site and accept paypal payment. lol. But should wait for a few days since it's getting so popular.
I'd almost forgotten about these devices---since first posting about emailing them I've not heard back--very disappointing.

In the interim I've decided when I buy one it will be the NoCo GB70---it gets great real-life reviews (according to several YouTube posts) so I'd be prone to go with that product. Since they're readily available at a lot of sources payment via PayPal shouldn't be an issue.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:00 PM   #9
Site Team

Garage
I do have a an Anti Gravity jump starter. I had always left it fully charged because you never know when you'd need it. Unfortunately when I went to use it after sitting in a black car throughout the summer, I guess heat caused the battery to puff and the case is starting to split. I use a variety of Lithium batteries in RC aircraft. The rule on standard lithium RC battery storage is to keep them in a cool place and at about a 40% charge. They are always shipped at about 60% SOC. Some are considered a smart battery and can be set to self discharge within a specific time. As the batteries age many puff up but are usually OK to use. However I take extra caution while charging older and/or puffed up batteries. I'm not sure the difference between my RC batteries and these jump starters but I'd suspect the manufacture would suggest how to store them and at what SOC. About a week or so ago, one of the guys in my flying club burned down part of his garage when a lithium caught fire during a charging session. I now keep the Anti Gravity battery in a lipo bag and put that in an vented ammo can after it puffed up. I never had any issues with my jump battery until I left it in hot weather and that will not happen again. I do plan to purchase another jump starter in the future...probably a NOCO but I won't let it live in any of my vehicles.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post

ive just been waiting for it to get continuously cold here so I can test the noco's on a freezing cold 7.3 and see what they can do.
Please post when you do try this... I'd like to hear about using it on a cold 7.3
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote