Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2019, 07:01 AM   #11
Spr

We use these and love them. They work great for most spots but we’ve needed some assistance a couple times and used them with 86scottys rocks when needed. What I like most is that they stack nicely unlike the curved ones.
https://www.cabelas.com/product/Camc...CABEgL9GvD_BwE

Old 04-04-2019, 10:10 AM   #12

Most times my leveling option is my shovel.

My rig is tall enough as it is and I'd prefer it to be lower to the ground when camping since I'm always climbing in and out of it. I've gotten pretty good at estimating how deep a hole to dig for each tire to level out the van. And when I'm ready to leave I just pull forward a few feet and then fill the holes back up.

Of course, this would be difficult to do if you camp on asphalt or cement......
Old 04-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #13

Garage
Thanks all for your response. Really appreciated. As always great community.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #14

The yellow stacking Camco blocks sold to me by SMB have done very well for me used with my sprinter on dirt, gravel, rocks, asphalt. Don't see the need to look for anything else, even when activating my optimizer side.

Used as directed (stacked in a pyramid) they are easy and fast. I sometimes stack two or three in a single stack on top if I need to get extra height or am lazy. When doing so on very loose surfaces with multiple wheels to level I find going into 4wd low range makes it easier to get on top.
mikemikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #15

I use a combination of stackable leveling blocks, nature and airing down tires. At the beach or in soft dirt/sand I use my lockers in front wheel drive then rear wheel drive to dig my self down, a fresh martini, beer or wine in a glass works great as a field level. And of course, make sure you backfill any holes before leaving.

I plan to install independently controlled airbags on all four corners this summer. This is primarily for better control while towing, but will give me 0-12" of leveling capability.
Attached Thumbnails
Sand leval (2).jpg  
Old 04-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #16

Just Saying...

I know this is not answering your question; BUT, going on a long hike and returning very tired seems to help “smooth” out the bumps. With backgrounds in backpacking and canoe camping makes uneven but flat bed wonderful. Our first van had propane frig which needed to be level and REALLY was a bitch (sorry, limited vocabulary!) to level even with boxes of 2x6’s as had to overcome wheel springs and two directions. Was so happy to get Sportsmibile with electric frig that did NOT require leveling that COULD get into backcountry that “just” having one end mostly level and uphill was miraculous! Even getting older with CPAP we can normally park “good enough;” still, being exhausted helps. We also carry two side by side cots to sleep under the stars here in NM where there are NO bugs. Happy Trails!
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:59 AM   #17

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post

Yep, I use these. Like them for ease of use. Work great.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:49 PM   #18

After awhile I grew tired of having to level out my van over and over as I live full time out of mine now for 4 years. I used various blocks, scrap lumber, rocks etc. and decided it was to much of a pain in the arse to deal with on a regular basis. Then I got smart and set up my own leveling system on the full size bed inside the camper itself. I now don't worry about carry all that crap around inside wasting cargo space and leveling the bed takes less than a minute and can spend time having fun without all the hassles.
Rider4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider4Life View Post
After awhile I grew tired of having to level out my van over and over as I live full time out of mine now for 4 years. I used various blocks, scrap lumber, rocks etc. and decided it was to much of a pain in the arse to deal with on a regular basis. Then I got smart and set up my own leveling system on the full size bed inside the camper itself. I now don't worry about carry all that crap around inside wasting cargo space and leveling the bed takes less than a minute and can spend time having fun without all the hassles.
Can you share details or photos of your bed leveling system? Sounds like a great idea...
jrtozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:13 PM   #20

Garage
Well, now if that isn’t smart! I think I’ll build that idea into my platform bed. But won’t work for the eventual Poptop, I guess.