Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2015, 04:54 PM   #1

MAXTRAX as dog ramps?

I'm looking for an excuse to buy some Maxtrax recovery ramps, but another thing I really need is a ramp to get my dog in and out of the lifted van. I know they're only 3 feet, so I might have to sleeve them together somehow to make them longer, but does anyone who has these think this might work?
Are they too 'rough' for dog paws, or could they be flipped and used upside down for this?

What other brands are out there. I found the Smittybilt ones (black and beautiful) but they're only rated for 7700 lbs. Not sure about the weight rating on the Maxtrax originals or any of the cheaper knock offs. If they are 7700 lbs apiece this would be fine for a 10k van I'm guessing.

Thoughts?

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: MAXTRAX as dog ramps?

Yeah I don't think a dog would like them at all. Maybe if you made a cover for them. Upside down they might be too slippery. Some of that step traction might work on the back side but they don't have an even texture and I don't know how good that stuff would stick. Perhaps under carriage spray or similar???

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote