Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2018, 04:38 PM   #51

Garage
Rob,
Received the elements today (thank you) and wanted to inspect them - the yellow caps do not pull off easily so thought I would confirm that its OK to remove them, and then put them back on??? or is this not encouraged?

Old 08-22-2018, 05:14 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4sporty View Post
What about kitchen grease fires? I am trying to decide how many to order and I know I want some for all my vehicles and shop (Just had a trash can fire last week from welding sparks). I am also considering some for kitchens.
Lots of people ask us about whether Element is good for this application or another but really what we tell them is that Element is good wherever you would like to have fire protection because fire does not play favorites as to where it will strike.

That said thanks for bringing up kitchen fires as this is a subject that has not yet been covered here and is of specific consideration when buying an extinguisher. Most commercial extinguishers are rated for ABC fires. A being solids like wood, B being fuels and gas, and C being electrical fires.

Another class is K fires which is cooking oils and fats. These are rated separately because most ABC extinguishers produce a LOT of thrust due to their pressurized nature. If pointed at the base of a liquid cooking oil fire this thrust will blow the liquid out of the burning pan and create a big fire ball and more problems. For this reason K rated extinguishers exist which normally have a different nozzle design in order to reduce the thrust and make them appropriate for kitchen use. These extinguishers are normally identified by being white in colour rather than red. If you ever find yourself in a kitchen fire with an oil pan ablaze NEVER EVER EVER use water! Water will atomize and create a vertical fire column that would rival a Hollywood special effects show. SUPER dangerous and you can find YouTube videos on this subject. It is worth watching as the effects of water on a grease fire are immense.

Returning to Element, because Element does not produce thrust, it is rated for the K class of fire (cooking oils and fats) in addition to ABC class fires. Furthermore if deployed in a kitchen the no mess nature of Element means that clean up is minimal and limited to whatever mess the fire made. We have a number of commercial kitchens that have Element on hand to take care of fires because using a powder extinguisher will shut down their kitchen for the night (incredibly expensive for a restaurant). I personally keep an Element 50 on a magnet mount on the fridge and next to my stove
(pic below).

I hope this answers your question.
Attached Thumbnails
magmount_e50_3_720x.jpg  
Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Rob,
Received the elements today (thank you) and wanted to inspect them - the yellow caps do not pull off easily so thought I would confirm that its OK to remove them, and then put them back on??? or is this not encouraged?
Taking the caps on and off is totally ok and in no way compromises the units. Nothing to worry about there.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:54 PM   #54
Site Team

Rob,

Looking through your website tonight, and it looks like you've removed the Element 25 from the lineup. Is that correct, or is it that they're out of stock?

I haven't decided yet on which ones to get, but I noticed the change.

Herb
Old 08-24-2018, 08:25 PM   #55

When I ordered I ordered 1 E50 and 1 E25 Element sent me 2 E50 no additional charge (thanks Element) and a note saying they no longer have the E 25 not enough interest.
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:27 AM   #56
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
I ordered just a few days ago, didn't see any mention of the E25 version---how long have they been unavailable?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #57

We decided to stop offering the Element E25 in the past two weeks based on the following criteria:

1. The E50 outsold the E25 by a massive margin. So much so that it became apparent that the market had spoken and prefers the greater discharge time of the E50.

2. We felt that the nature of the constant questions about which one is better or which one do you recommend for a particular application was merely creating confusion in the eyes of the consumer that far outweighed any advantage of offering more choice.

3. We were coming to the end of our E25 inventory and used it as an opportunity to look at our sales and make a decision on the future of the product. During the transitional stage orders that came in for E25's were automatically upgraded to E50's (which are physically identical in size).

I hope this helps explain our thinking process and we think that streamlining the offerings will make it easier for the consumer in the end.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #58

Exclamation Win your order for FREE :)

With our Sportsmobile offer coming to a close (Aug 31) we do want to do something extra special between now and the end of the month:

Orders placed between the making of this post and midnight August 31st, using the Sportsmobile coupon code available from us via PM, will be entered in a draw to receive your order FREE!

Not to leave out the early adopters who already placed an order, those people have been automatically entered in our draw.

Lastly if you already have placed an order with us, and want to buy more, then you can use the same coupon code, and will receive another entry to the draw doubling your chances. If it is your name that is drawn then all of your orders will be combined and that will be your total prize!

All of this is truly a product of the wonderful experience we have had with the members of the Sportsmobile forum. Everyone has been really nice, supportive, and friendly as we try to navigate your community. It has been a real pleasure and we hope that this contest will be well received and fun for all
Old 08-27-2018, 09:43 AM   #59
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
With our Sportsmobile offer coming to a close (Aug 31) we do want to do something extra special between now and the end of the month:

Not to leave out the early adopters who already placed an order, those people have been automatically entered in our draw.
This is great news---I'm awaiting delivery of my own at the moment--freebies (or the chance thereof) just add to excitement!

Quote:
All of this is truly a product of the wonderful experience we have had with the members of the Sportsmobile forum. Everyone has been really nice, supportive, and friendly as we try to navigate your community. It has been a real pleasure and we hope that this contest will be well received and fun for all
I'm sure I'm not speaking just for myself but this has been great for us too. I hope to be an at-large ambassador and/or hype man for these extinguishers, they're truly innovative, convenient and as we've all said if we never use them its high comfort knowing they're in place and at the ready.

Thanks again Rob!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #60

Garage
Quote:

Orders placed between the making of this post and midnight August 31st, using the Sportsmobile coupon code available from us via PM, will be entered in a draw to receive your order FREE!

Lastly if you already have placed an order with us, and want to buy more, then you can use the same coupon code, and will receive another entry to the draw doubling your chances. If it is your name that is drawn then all of your orders will be combined and that will be your total prize!

I sent a PM for the code with no response. Can you send me one so I can get these crossed off my list?

Scott
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote