Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #41

and so many people thought I was crazy for getting the toilet/shower combo in my van.

As nice as it is to take a break on the trail, I was 'snowed' in in tehachapi during the blizzard the other day and boondocked in the parking lot of a teeny steakhouse. with over a foot of snow outside and all the cars frozen over I had a full potty and nice warm shower to start my day digging the van out of a 6 foot snowdrift.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #42

porta potty

Off road commode....HAHAHAHAHA What a hoot, and the disclaimer...do not use when in motion NO s^%$.
One of those would be fun to have to hook up to a friends van and just watch the neighbors looks! Perhaps I should become an inventor.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #43

Re: porta potty

Our porta potty will last the two of us about 4-5 days before requiring dumping. I really don't find it a big deal. Mostly us pit toilets for dumping. Dumping is a MANS job. The porta potty has been very good for our marriage and happy camping trips. Used to buy bulk chemicals that I had to pour in (either liquid or powder). Now use the small dissolving packets. Work O.K. and no chance for spilling liquids or getting powder in the air.

They are great for the middle of the night and as I get older I begin to appreciate that. If you want they are cleaner even then McDonald's, and my wife WANTS/REQUIRES that!

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #44

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray

I got a kid. I got a wife. Porta Potty is a god send.

Joe
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #45

I still go "out" for a fresh air break at night, but she loves it and it tucks-up tight against the shift levers and between the front seats. The best usage was when we "needed" to go and pushed the limits to get to the rest stop in Ky. and found it closed...no pre-announcement until at the front door!
We pulled the day-nites although not necessary, due to the height of the van, and did our business and was on the road again as other sad faces motorists continued on looking for the next rest stop.
Dump stations all have clean water hoses, and it is easy to refresh it and dry it for the next time.