Powertank CO2 system
I have one, got it for my Jeep. Jeep has 35" tires on 15" wheels. The 10 pound PowerTank can air up from about 15 to 35 psi about 25 times (about 8 air-ups) before it goes empty. I haven't counted how many times it will air up to the higher pressures required on the SMB.
1. MUCH faster. It is not uncommon for me to be finished with all four tires while others are just finishing their first tire.
2. Air pressure is sufficient to put a tire back on the bead. Nice if a valve stem gets broken off and needs to be replaced. I've actually done it and it worked like a champ.
3. Can easily be used to run any air tool. I've used it all over the house. Led me to develop this saying, "see honey, Jeep stuff - it's good for life!"
4. Maintains full pressure all the way to empty.
5. Did I mention it's REALLY fast?
1. An empty PowerTank isn't nearly so useful. The only way to tell how much is left is to weigh it. A bit of a PITA...
2. They are expensive.
3. They cost money to re-fill.
In my mind, if you decide to spend the money, best to get two tanks and one regulator. That way you would always have at least 10 lbs ready to go if you discover on your first tire that you are actually on your last for that tank.
Current: 2014 15 Passenger V8
Former: 2009 SMB 4x4 6.0