Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #21

Re: Propane tank "Lite"

when you say you use the propane tank for lighting, stove, and heat, do you have some kind of splitter that allows you to have multiple functions at once or do you have to choose between cooking, heating, and seeing?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #22

I use one for my stove and heater and love it. Light, easy to throw around, you can see how much 'gas' you have left by looking at the level of the liquid, you can see damage to the tank and I have never had problems getting one filled. They do not explode, just burn. I feel much more comfortable with these than the steel versions.
witoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #23

You can see the numerous items designed for Propane products on the following web site
http://www.protanksupply.com .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #24
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornercarver
when you say you use the propane tank for lighting, stove, and heat, do you have some kind of splitter that allows you to have multiple functions at once or do you have to choose between cooking, heating, and seeing?
My 1 gallon tank tank used to have one spliter for 2 ports but I've found a really nice tap I'm using now. Maybe I can find a pic of it and post later. Sometimes I use a tree that has 3 ports. If using a tree you should try to find a short wide tank or try to strap it down so it will not tip. The 5 gal tanks like most home BBQ's have is very stable. When pulling my off road trailer I carry several tanks depending on where I'm going and whats needed. The 1 gal suits me for a single burner stove, single burner lantern and BBQ for about a week (about an hour in the morning, BBQ at night for an hour or so, and lantern until the beers gone ) for my needs.
Here is the 1 gal

The 1 gal with the tree

Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote