Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2016, 02:47 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to bettyford
Seats

I'm looking for some front seats for my 2007 E350.
Tell me what you have and if you like them. I'm not sure if i want cloth or leather.
I just want comfy captain chairs.

Thanks

Ron

Old 06-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #2

I put 4 Toyota Siena seats in mine back in 2010. Most comfortable seats I've ever had in a vehicle, I really love them. But after a load of miles the front drivers is not wearing all that well.
It has since become quite a popular upgrade so the prices are silly. I paid $1k for 4 seats delivered, so $250 each. I think they are closer to $500 each now. I doubt I'd pay that price if I were to do it again.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...eats-5547.html

In my mind one thing that's key to comfort in the van is having height & tilt adjustable bases, since the van is such an upright driving position you can't really get away with just forward & back movement, well at least between my wife and I we can't. Adding RV bases to the Siena seats took some figuring out.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:07 PM   #3

Garage
After much looking around at aftermarket seats, I decided to have my stock seats reupholstered by a local guy. He's adding stuffing where I want it, getting the leather to match the Siennas in the back, and customizing the stitching to make them look as much like the Siennas as possible. He'll even make them heated seats and adjustable lumbar, if I want.

The Siennas are really nice for sitting, resting, putting your feet up, etc., but they're not very wide (which is fine if you're not). I kept looking for something good for the driver and passenger, and then realized I really do like the stock seats. They're practically new (2014) and I just wanted leather and swivel. Now waiting on the swivels from 1der and I'll have exactly what I want.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
While I have no need of the deep reclining or swivel features so many here add to their builds I also find the stock seats comfortable enough even on long drives. ("long" for me being 240 miles round trip same day )

If they're in good shape with the inner foam still solid and supportive, if the spring suspension under the upholstery is intact they seem to fit my butt and needs too.

I like the stock fabric at least up through the middle '00's---its long lasting and seems very durable. Leather or similar covers tend to "sweat" which makes me uncomfortable. That's a nice look though----something very luxurious about how they look and feel (for a short while anyway.)

Just my $0.02 worth---take with a grain of salt.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:57 PM   #5

X2 on what JWA said. The stock seats in my 2002 are great even after 6-7 hours in them.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:10 PM   #6

FWIW I Have a 2008 which has the older style seats (pre-2009) and I recently obtained some seats from a 2014 E-series (thanks PMcypress!!).

Presently I have the OEM driver's seat installed and the new style 2014 passenger seat in the van.

Here are a few of my observations:

The 2008 and older seat has "squishier" bolsters on the seat bottom portion...a bit too soft for my liking. These seats are grey velour and fabric type....material is comfortable, however I don't know how long they will last or if they will get dirty easy. The arm rest seems lower than the newer style seat as well.

The 2014 seats are taller, and the fabric has a "rougher" feel than the older style seats. The bottom inboard side flaps of the 2014 seats have cardboard stiffeners that cover the seat belt retractor pyro; the 2008/older seats have ABS or polypropylene/polyethylene stiffeners, which means no machine washing the newer style covers if you are crazy enough to remove them (don't ask me how I know this)

The 2008/older style seats visually appear to be wider, however they are not appreciably wider anywhere and are slightly skinnier than the newer style in a few areas.

I can post pics of both seats side-by-side if anyone is interested.

I'm also planning on posting how the factory seat covers are attached to the seats....both use really long hook/loop "hippie velcro" in a few spots and the 2014 seat covers use lots of hog rings. I haven't yet fully removed the 2008/older style seat covers yet.
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:32 AM   #7
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Ford dealers have replacement foam pieces if that shape fits the body. They're a bit pricey IMHO, equal or better quality might be available through a local auto upholstery shop, the advantage of customization or "over stuffing" available.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:42 PM   #8

I yanked my stock cargo seats and installed some mint Chateau seats from an '01 Chateau i find at the wrecker yard along with the middle row captains from the same donor van. Obviosuly much better than stock and very comfortable even on long drives (Just did a 1900 mile trip) and my passengers compliment the comfort as well. I did initially want Sienna seats but i think im good for now with my find at the wrecker yard.
djbonsu is offline   Reply With Quote