Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2019, 06:47 AM   #21

John and Mandi,
I the orange one yours? My Jeep Patriot is that color and I love it! Sadly, my van is white. Yours is gorgeous!!!
The stuff on my running boards and steps was a rubber-looking shaped piece that has lines ( ridges)
running along the length. I’m missing it because it “ flew away” during the same windstorm that grabbed my driver door and over bent the hinges! I expect it’s somewhere in Oklahoma or Nebraska!
I think I’ve seen what you referred to, if it’s “ gritty”
on top. But only in a tape version so far. But I’ll keep looking. Thanks for the info....I will try their website!
ConnieKat

ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:53 AM   #22

Step and running board covers

John and Mandi,
Are you really on the Pan Am highway? Been there myself in ‘88. Beautiful but hot and sticky. But keep watch for hummingbirds. There are hundreds of different kinds in some amazing colors. Saw one that was turquoise and purple.
Do you have gallery photos if the inside of your van?
Would love to see what you’ve done?
ConnieKat
Old 03-01-2019, 07:32 AM   #23

Yes, the orange one is us and we are still in South America, currently in Uruguay, but after almost 4 years on the road we will be packing the van into a container two weeks from now and shipping it back to the states.

We had our running boards professionally sprayed with Line-x, there are other products and do-it-yourself kits available. It has held up very well, only has one deep nick from a motorcycle that ran into us in Peru.

We documented our van build in our blog, John and Mandi, as well as our trip. We posted more and more photos the further south we traveled.

Here’s our interior:

Here’s a Marvelous Spatula Tail hummingbird:
JohnandMandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:43 AM   #24

John and Mandi,
That may be the most cheerful van I’ve ever seen! Makes me smile just to look at it. I spent a few months in Panama on a TDY, so not much chance for photos. But out looking every chance I got. The critters down there are really fascinating. The Coati’s were a menace on base, sloths hanging from trees on the runway etc. That’s one very long trip for certain, sure hope you enjoyed it. And thanks for the hummer photo as I only caught those from a distance, except for the little purple and turquoise who came to visit my window ( I was wearing a red shirt). I still don’t know his variety, but very pretty. A rather magical place. Whatever your next adventure, I
hope you really enjoy it. That’s what these vans are for after all!
Thanks for the info...
ConnieKat
Old 01-21-2021, 07:37 PM   #25

DM me Mike's info please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tienckb View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you DM me Mike's info please?
Crewdog is offline   Reply With Quote