Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #11

Re : Trasharoo - the first one we had lived outside all the time. The bag fabric faded and started to rip and breakdown after a couple of years of prolonged UV. The straps themselves were in decent shape. The buckles were also in okay shape so I salvaged the straps and buckles.

Like Arctictraveler , Dave replaced our first one for free. This one has only been on when needed so is in excellent shape.

Old 06-20-2020, 10:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
I certainly get that point of view, but I also don't want my bag of spare tire goodies falling off while driving because the straps were bad. Herb
Interestingly, the straps on both of mine stayed in great shape, it was the fabric cover that fell apart on my first one. The fabric on the second one has faded badly over a couple years but is still structurally strong, possibly because I now take it off when not in use.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:04 PM   #13

Thanks for sharing your opinions and experiences!
Marcel Huijser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:06 AM   #14
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
IDK.....it’s all about your perspective I suppose. You could justify the cost savings of the Trasharoo vs the other more expensive units by just buying a new one every few years. I don’t want the hassle of having to take my spare tire trash bag off and on all the time, it’s a PITA, and I don’t want to keep replacing a failed item with the same item over and over again.
My 1st Trasharoo’s straps completely disintegrated, I had a local repair shop sew on some new straps at almost the cost of a new bag, only to have the bag fabric disintegrate on me shortly after, money not well spent!
My 2nd Trasharoo’s straps held up ok, but the bag itself started to fall apart, first the zippered top flap disintegrated, then the rest of the bag started going, the interior coating was long gone and flaking off and the corners and bottom were tearing. I keep a tarp, folding cooking grates and a few other misc things in there, including trash after a camping trip, I don’t want to have a yard sale on the road with all my stuff!!
I just purchased overlandgearguys bag, yes more $, but it is made with much better materials and seems to be holding up after a few trips, I anticipate it will be around for a lot longer than both of the Trasharoo’s combined. One and done, especially now that there’s alternatives out there.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag, spare, storage, tire