Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2015, 10:53 PM   #1

Time for some new wheels

I am looking for a set of wheels to replace the factory steel with hub caps. A quick visit to Discount and this is what I came up with,

http://m.discounttire.com/dtcs/wheel...98229&pc=63253

3650lbs of capacity per rim.

Looks good. What are you riding on? I can have a complete set for under $500 which as we all know things happen to wheels so its nice to know you don't have to spend a small fortune if one has to be replaced.

Thoughts?

bshillam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:29 PM   #2

Re: Time for some new wheels

I guess I should mention 16 stock wheels, probably want to stick with 16s as I have new shoes on Teddy.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #3

If I was in the market for new wheels, I wouldn't be buying from China I really wouldn't buy any "flight critical" parts from China unless I had absolutely no other choice.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:59 AM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Time for some new wheels

It's hard not to, especially wheels, they are all mostly made "overseas". I try to buy as much USA made products as possible. I ended up with American racing ATX Mohave Teflon wheels a while ago. I like them, they've held up well and they look good, but if I had to do it again, I'd prob take a look at American Eagle, eagle alloys series 100, made in USA. Saw a few iffy reviews on their chrome series wheels, but haven't seen much else, anyone have experience with these wheels? Post up
http://www.aewheel.com/wheels.cfm?id=472
There's a few threads on wheels on the forum, just have to find them....
Here's one....
viewtopic.php?t=15281
By the way, your link above does not work, so not sure what style looking for....
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:37 AM   #5

Good point, I agreed mission critical items if available and made here in the states. I assumed that that wheel was made here. A little more digging and I found one that should work and has a good discount applied,

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Wheels-Jeep-...ro+Comp+Wheels

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Si...FciBfgodr1YAzQ

Any other suggestions are welcome of course! Finding a good looking 16" with high weight capacity is somewhat of a challenge.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:47 AM   #6

Those links show some great looking wheels.

For our new rig I am resisting the temptation for the looks and going with something "nice" AND easy to clean. All the little crevices are a pita for me to clean. Have any of you come up with a easy method of cleaning wheels? Maybe a teflon coating ? If there is one, then maybe I will start looking at the wheels with more details.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #7

I've got to put in a plug for the Eagle 100 series REF mentioned. These links show some great looking wheels but here's why I like me Eagle 100s. To me they seem a little more 'timeless' and not something that may soon look outdated, like a lot of these modern blingy truck wheels. Sorry, just my opinion. Also, they have a pretty good weight capacity and are super easy to clean. I have absolutely no regrets.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #8
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Time for some new wheels

Ray-my Mohave wheels are Teflon coated, easy to clean and look pretty good, no bling, decent weight rating, lots of us have them.

Very similar design as those eagle 100's.

I had forgotten you got those Eric, good to know they are working out and a recommended option. Bshillam-both of your options look pretty nice, however, as mentioned somewhere by someone at some point, on some other thread, if it matters to you.....make sure to get a wheel that you are able to use a high lift jack mate(or slee off road jack-off) on.....and that would be one with round holes to fit the hooks, like the Mohave or eagle 100, not sure it would work on the other styles. Just something to consider for anyone looking at wheel options.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote