Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #1

Van Cover?

Hi,

I searched around and didn't find much on van covers. Anyone have any luck with a particular van cover?

This one looks like a possibility, made for a 2006 e350, not sports mobile specific, but I wonder if it would work.

2006 E350 Van (not extended) Titan 5L Ultimate Waterproof Van Covers

This one doesn't look too good, maybe it would last a year or so:

Robot Check

I may build a cover for it on the side of my house, but just weighing out options!

Chris

phlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:17 PM   #2

I got a Formosa cover in 2011, http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...vers-6692.html. It is still in good shape except it has lost some of it waterproofing. I have w poly tarp under it. Only use it in the winter months, Nov to March, when the van is parked.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:24 PM   #3

Before I built my house to fit the van (so my wife says) I was looking at having one custom made here: California Car Cover Company - Car Cover Materials
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:36 AM   #4

Larrie: Thanks good to know the formosa is still going strong. I had a feeling by reading reviews that the waterproofing wouldn't last long. Good call on the extra tarp for the top.

JoeH: Thanks for the link Joe!

I'm surprised there isn't more interest in van covers. Maybe everyone is using them instead of storing for the winter .

I'm mostly interested in sun exposure and the winter months. Still thinking of options. For anyone curious these would have almost worked for me but they are just too wide to fit where i need it:

ShelterTube - ShelterTubeâ„¢ - Garages
Garage-in-a-Box® SUV/Truck - Garages (may have to mod the opening to fit the smb in)

... etc
Old 03-22-2016, 10:12 AM   #5

There are also vehicle shelters from Harbor Freight or similar stores.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #6

One thing to consider and I don't know if this is true or not but a cheap cover can trap moisture inside. Get one with a breathable fabric. When I priced one out with California Car Cover I was looking at the superweave with zippers for the barn door and two front doors for easy access.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #7

van cover

I had a cover made for a 350rb from California car cover for 700 dollars. used it a half dozen times then found a closed storage for van. like new and will sell for half price,
berns378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #8

I'm interested, can you tell me more berns378? Do you have a link to the particular cover? Thanks!

Chris
Old 03-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #9

I have one too, like new, Gray for the 06 long body. I let it go free but local pick up only. SoCal
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:14 PM   #10

Nick, do you mean you gave yours away, or still have it? Did you end up getting a more permanent solution?