Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2020, 05:49 AM   #111
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
So I had an occasion to use my HumVee jack in a near perfect situation--swapping out a slow leaking left rear tire with my on-board spare. 2003 E250 EB weighing about 6500# as it sits these days. tire size 245/R75-16 on stock steel wheels, all work done on a flat paved street.

With the Agile adapter when raised the van felt solid, not a bit of sway, flex or scary movement while removing and replacing the tire(s). Even though this was my first and hopefully last time using this I'm convinced its so worth the money spent.

With the included tools its nearly effortless and mostly a one-handed job. Of course the lug nuts were/are another issue which I knew would require better tools than the angled combo wrench that's part of the stock/factory jack and handle stuff. FWIW I carry a 3/4" drive ratchet and 7/8" deep well socket which also works out quite well.

Storing all this gear is easy enough in my van as I have an unused space under a steel shelving unit on the passenger side---everything fits in an area about 6" wide, 10" tall and 30" long. Since the wheel well occupies most of the undershelf space it works out perfectly.

So anyway anyone on the fence about one of these should strongly consider one if you want to work safe when changing a tire. Given its benefits finding a place to store it should become a priority so it can be on-board when/if needed.

Here's a few still on eBay I'd suggest, no affiliation:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M998-HMMWV-...kAAOSwp~pdYGxc (Missing some tools, available here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/M998-HMMWV-...QAAOSwIVpdc6Vx)

Full Kit, fair price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H1-M...4AAOSwoRpcOQpF

Those are a few but not the only ones available--its best to shop around before buying one.

HTH

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #112

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post

Full Kit, fair price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H1-M...4AAOSwoRpcOQpF

Those are a few but not the only ones available--its best to shop around before buying one.

HTH
FYI, I got mine from this ebay seller. No problems at all.

2016 4wd 144" Sportsmobile Sprinter
2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2
2002 lifted & armored WRX wagon (sold)
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:54 AM   #113

https://www.ebay.com/itm/hummer-h1-s...53.m2749.l2649

This is the one I bought. Had a little bit or surface rust, but I plan on sanding it down and giving it a quick paint to stop it. Other than that, great seller. And only $45 for the set. (at least mine was the whole set.)
DuggyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #114

For the rust try some naval jelly first? Cover the section where the NJ is applied with plastic wrap to keep it working and to not dry out.
Old 01-07-2020, 02:53 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
For the rust try some naval jelly first? Cover the section where the NJ is applied with plastic wrap to keep it working and to not dry out.
Interesting. I had never heard of Naval Jelly. And when I googled it, the first link was "The best rust remover you've never heard of". haha I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!
DuggyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:48 PM   #116

What a great idea and product! This is the first I've heard of both the adapter and the H1 jack. My own Dodge arrived jack-less and none have turned up at the junkyard so I will certainly get this setup since I'm also using the 245/75R-16 tires.

https://agileoffroad.com/product/agi...-jack-adaptor/

Still thinking about an underneath mount for the spare.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:06 AM   #117
JWA

I needed another one of these for a friend---based on photos alone he saw the wisdom of owning one and immediately ordered the Agile adapter. Since he doesn't have an eBay account I bought a decent offering from a seller---total cost was just under $90 including tax and shipping.

Since my seller is no longer registered as an eBay seller I'll share I bought mine for $35 plus about the same in shipping so I'm into it for $70. That seller had four of these which I considered buying and sharing with any other van owner but was too lazy to do all that work. When I had the chance to link to his sale I did--he was a very straight-up guy.

I didn't balk at Agile's price---no competition so had no real choice. Since others here review it so positively it became the only choice in my mind. I did think their default ground shipping was a bit excessive so a few calls got me a somewhat reduced cost---I'm into that part for $107 shipped all the way to Ohio.

Even so at just under $200 for both in-hand this is simply a great investment in vehicle service. Even though my van(s) aren't lifted, don't run huge tires and rarely off pavement I could get by with less but there's no reason---I value my safety far more than a few bux.
Old 05-31-2020, 03:34 PM   #118
JWA

New Batch Ready To Buy

Found a few more of these up for sale on eBay---photos show fairly nice offerings: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H1-M...MAAOSwfWFezdaZ

Naturally no affiliation but free shipping and a fair price for complete kits seems like a good deal.

HTH
Old 05-31-2020, 03:42 PM   #119
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Found a few more of these up for sale on eBay---photos show fairly nice offerings: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUMMER-H1-M...MAAOSwfWFezdaZ

Naturally no affiliation but free shipping and a fair price for complete kits seems like a good deal.

HTH

That's not a bad price considering shipping is included.

Herb
Old 06-01-2020, 09:22 AM   #120
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
That's not a bad price considering shipping is included.

Herb
Yeah I thought so too---have seen these same surplus jacks offered for upwards of $330 PLUS shipping. The more I look at mine and the few occasions I've had so far to use it just reminds how good an investment in safety they are.

Hoping someone uses that link if they're on the fence about one of these for their own.