Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #1

Very nice folding table

We've always found the table included with our SMB to be kind of a pain in the ass to use. The table top is stored under the bench seat and hard to maneuver in and out of its storage location. The legs only fit under the rear bed platform and are thus only accessible with the back open. Therefore I think I can count on one hand the number of times we have used it, mostly just eating one our laps. I was at REI getting a new pair of hiking shoes and ran into a sweat table from CGI Outdoor. I ended up purchasing two of their Compact Camp Table 20 models. https://www.gcioutdoor.com/outdoor/compact-camp-table-20/

The table top measures about 20 inch by 18 inch. They also have a version with a 25x25 inch table top.

I have subsequently found it for sale at Amazon for less than at REI. The nice thing about this table is that there are no loose parts like a roll table. It only weighs in at 4 lbs. We are able to store both of our tables in the overhead storage of our Cruiser top over the drivers area. It takes seconds to erect it and the same to collapse it.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0114.jpg   IMG_0115.JPG   IMG_0117.JPG   IMG_0118.JPG   IMG_0119.JPG  

IMG_0120.JPG  

DesertSMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:51 PM   #2

We have the same exact table in the larger size. It was actually a vanwarming gift from rallypanam and his GF. We love it! Fits right behind my seat, and is light weight but plenty sturdy. Great product.

I really want two of their Pico Chairs as well. Just keep finding other projects to spend that $200 on though.
gcvt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #3

I have a handmade version of this, but ended up buying a slightly larger one from Camping World. Legs fold up, but the top is solid and a bit larger. The best part is that the table height is adjustable! Convenient for many purposes, and very easy to store in the back of my van with bungees.
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote