Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2020, 06:59 AM   #1

What portable toilet has the SMALLEST seat and bowl?

I read the recent thread about the largest portable toilet with seat and bowl and got a little chuckle out of that one.

I'm just a tall skinny old hippie driving around in a old SMB hippie van with penthouse headroom. I don't care how big you make that bowl, I'm still not going to be able to hit it standing up in the middle of the night. And I'm so weak the last thing I want to do is carry a portable toilet cassette the size of checked piece of luggage into a public rest room for dumping. I'd like my cassette to be about the size of a laptop.

Seriously, I only use mine for traffic jams, concerts and the middle of the night wake-ups. What's the smallest portable toilet of SMB Forum quality and construction?

Old 01-08-2020, 08:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippievan View Post
Seriously, I only use mine for traffic jams, concerts and the middle of the night wake-ups. What's the smallest portable toilet of SMB Forum quality and construction?

For those requirements: a one-liter Nalgene bottle (well marked!) [emoji41]
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #3

Wues

I sometimes think of our van as our own little space module as we go about exploring the Earth. NASA often uses acronyms for many things including equipment associated with the space program.

Inspired by this, I present the WUES*, one of which is always essential onboard equipment for our missions.

*WUES = Waterless Urine Elimination System
Attached Thumbnails
WUES.png  
YoTerryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:27 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTerryh View Post
I sometimes think of our van as our own little space module as we go about exploring the Earth. NASA often uses acronyms for many things including equipment associated with the space program.

Inspired by this, I present the WUES*, one of which is always essential onboard equipment for our missions.

For everyone's sake, please don't start off with yellow colored Gatorade. That could go horribly wrong.

Herb
Old 01-08-2020, 11:41 AM   #5

Yeah, you don't want to mix up the bottles. Hasn't happened yet in my rig!
YoTerryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #6

Quote:

I keep a bottle like that in my minivan for emergencies. When I'm biking, my body seems to retain water during activity. Then when I stop, it decides to flush the system. Often about 30 min after I stop. Such a bottle has saved me a great amount of discomfort a few times getting stuck in traffic during my drive home.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:10 AM   #7
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
For everyone's sake, please don't start off with yellow colored Gatorade. That could go horribly wrong.

Herb
My semi-proprietary glass cleaner is that same pee color---too many onlookers ask WHAT are you using to clean my glass? Granted another color dye could be great--purple or blue maybe---but I know what's in my bottles!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #8

Garage
Mr. Hippie,

This is the model I went with when I replaced my older unit. I would have gone larger, but wanted to be positive it would fit in the SMB factory cabinet. It has the capacity to handle about three days of use (for two). As others have already said, the GatorAid bottles are very useful as well...
Attached Thumbnails
Thetford.jpg  
Old 01-09-2020, 05:25 PM   #9

My wife and two girls outnumber me, so an indoor/portable toilet became a necessity--I've used it all of once so far. The Dometic 970 series is pretty diminutive (~15"x13"), and squarish so it's easy to package. They make a 2.6gal version or a 5gal version (slightly taller, but still quite short). Pneumatic flush w/ pump, so no bellows or batteries/motor to wear out. I can't imagine a functional sit-on toilet being much smaller than this. We went with the 5gal version and have been happy, but here's the 2.6gal version:

Dometic 972
Old 01-09-2020, 06:17 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
I*WUES = Waterless Urine Elimination System
trucker bomb!!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote