Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
GAR

Thumbs up Which camp stove do you use?

I’ve been using a “Cook Partner” stove. Its all aluminum, and made in Pocatello, ID USA. Its been a really rugged and dependable stove. Mine has two burners, and it folds up into itself. Very handy/ light weight.

No affiliation. Purchased based on reviews I read at the Expedition Portal/ forums.
https://partnersteel.com/cook-partner

Which stove have you been using, and what do you like/ dislike about it?

Gar

GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #2

We have the Coleman Firemajor propane stove. LIKES: adjustable removable legs so it can b e used on a table or be free standing. Boils water fast. Built in spark starter. HATES: Cannot be turned down enough to simmer a pot of rice. The grille grate that came with it are difficult to clean. I would not buy one again.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #3
Site Team

Cook Partner stove.

Herb
Old 11-13-2018, 05:48 PM   #4

Partner. It’s the best.

Also, topic is covered in several other threads:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ops-13672.html

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...uck-13001.html

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ions-1191.html
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:11 PM   #5

I use an old school Coleman because that's how I roll. White gas and all though I did finally score a Propane adapter.

My next stove would be a high BTU butane like I heard about in a recent thead.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JLJWXQY
SMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:12 PM   #6

Garage
We have a Jetboil Genesis. Love it so far, except for the lame plastic windscreen. For about 10 bucks we got a metal windscreen for a Camp Chef and solved that problem.
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 02:20 AM   #7

Another Jetboil Genesis owner here. The wide range of burner adjustment (3 full turns) is awesome, and I like that you can cook with the 10" frying pan and 5L pot at the same time since I'm cooking for a family of 4. We bought the Luna sideburner as well so we can boil up water for hot cocoa for the kids on the side (we're not coffee drinkers).

Overall the system is really well thought out, with the notable exception of the flimsy plastic windscreen that velo mentioned. The stove packs up nicely inside the pot and pan, which is great if space is a concern. My one recommendation would be to use something like a towel to keep the stove from marring the non-stick coating of the pot while in storage (same goes for the Luna).
Old 11-15-2018, 08:06 AM   #8

Garage
For those of us used to stove knobs that turn only 1 full turn or less from off to incinerate, the Jetboil's 3 rotations takes some getting used to. The first time I used it, I kept wondering why the potatoes weren't frying. I had only turned it about 1/4 turn, like I would at home. Once you figure out the knobs, it works great, and can go from barely a simmer to super high!
velo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 08:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by velo47 View Post
For those of us used to stove knobs that turn only 1 full turn or less from off to incinerate, the Jetboil's 3 rotations takes some getting used to. The first time I used it, I kept wondering why the potatoes weren't frying. I had only turned it about 1/4 turn, like I would at home. Once you figure out the knobs, it works great, and can go from barely a simmer to super high!
The first time I used mine, I was having difficulty getting it to light because I had forgotten about the 3 turns--even though that was one of the main selling points for me! ID 10 T error...
Old 11-15-2018, 11:35 AM   #10

cheap ass gas one single burner butane. It cranks pretty good and has a propane bottle adapter. I am not gourmet while camping. My kids actually love freeze dried food so I keep it easy. Grilled cheese, eggs, bacon, soup, etc.