Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2015, 09:26 PM   #1

"Active Topics" link at top of page?

I get the "New Posts" link but could we also have an "Active Topics" link at top of page?

Also, I guess we are going full on sand SMB tan.

Us snow SMB's would like to see a little white on the home page for Christmas...

2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:04 PM   #2

There is a "Today's Posts" in the Quick Links, but I agree - I miss the "Active Posts"feature and its ability to reach back more than one day. The "Unanswered Posts" was nice, as well.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #3

Garage
I also liked the unanswered post link and new post from your last visit link.

Thanks for the work it takes to have this forum.

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:06 AM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Also-Am I missing the link "my posts"? useful for finding threads you're following contributing to.
I had a hard time logging in, had to go through resetting password. As commented on in the other thread, hopefully saved subscriptions or following link will be restored. Welcome to the other side!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 02:37 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Also-Am I missing the link "my posts"? useful for finding threads you're following contributing to.
I had a hard time logging in, had to go through resetting password. As commented on in the other thread, hopefully saved subscriptions or following link will be restored. Welcome to the other side!

You might try looking at the public view of your profile (click on your username either in a post or the upper right corner "welcome". Next look at the stats tab
There is a link to content you've posted: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...mber.php?u=621

The other option is that there is a drop down link from your username next to your posts that has a link to more posts you've made.
Attached Thumbnails
smb_postbit.jpg  
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #6

Janet H: Are you the person whom is tasked with herding these SMB'ers? No doubt has to be a challenge fitting this forum into a template which is sufficiently similar to your other forums so as to be easy for you to admin but also to customize somewhat to accommodate the independent guys and gals who are the SMB enthusiasts here.
2002 E350 ext.; 160K; 7.3L; 4R100 (w/4x4 deep pan & filter); 4x4 conv. w/2007 F250/F350 coil frnt axle (oppos. dual Bilstein press. shocks cured DW) diff chg from 3.55 to 3.73 (bad!); BW1356 t.c. (bad!); LT265/70R17/E Michelin LTX M/S2; Engel MT60 Combi Fridge-Freezer; 4 BP 380J pv panels; Auragen 5kw AC gen. in top alt. position; Webasto Dual-Top; Voyager top. 1995 5.8L EB Bronco, bone stock.
E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 05:57 PM   #7
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E350 View Post
Janet H: Are you the person whom is tasked with herding these SMB'ers? No doubt has to be a challenge fitting this forum into a template which is sufficiently similar to your other forums so as to be easy for you to admin but also to customize somewhat to accommodate the independent guys and gals who are the SMB enthusiasts here.
I suspect that SMB'ers don't take well to herding The site team is still here and they are really the experts in this regard. I'm just here to help facilitate things a bit. I also love the topic and once owned a Kombi van (ask me sometime how many heater boxes I've changed out).

The forum software is perhaps the most common one around and that's for good reason. It's pretty stable and somewhat customizable. At the end of the day however, the info and discussions posted here and members are the metric of the Community, not what color the board is or how many cool smilies there are. The software change is a temporary blip and pretty soon we can get back to discussing more interesting stuff - like who's rig should be featured in the banner
Old 12-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #8

I guess the ads aren't too obtrusive, but I would be willing to make a donation/payment to avoid ads if that were an option. A few other forums I use have that ability. Just want to chime in that I also miss the quick links to:

Posts since last visit
Unanswered posts
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_382 View Post
Just want to chime in that I also miss the quick links to:

Posts since last visit
Unanswered posts

OK, maybe I have an option for finding posts since the last visit. I clicked the button that says "mark forums read". Seemed to gray out all "new" buttons. So, I am thinking that next time I visit, only the ones with new posts will be brown instead of gray.
Steve_382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 06:24 PM   #10
Site Team

Garage
Yes, this is the case. Once things settle down a bit, thread marking (bold vs. not bold) should be functional for you. Threads that you have read and do not have new posts will not be bolded. Threads that have new posts will have bold titles. The same holds true in the side bar (recent discussions).

There are also a couple of useful links on the top nav bar.
New posts: threads that have posts you have not seen. note that posts you have made to recent threads will not display here as you have already seen them
Todays posts: under the quick links drop down is a listing of all new content (even if you have seen it).