Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #141

Garage
Another question about image size albums.

I noticed that small image are enlarged when displayed in my personal album, so they are now displayed in really poor quality.
I always paid attention to post light images for quick display and now they look so bad. Is it possible to display images in original size when they are narrower than display zone (like in a thread)?

About my personnal album, images now sort in kind of random order, no more in upload chronological order. Do you plan to change that?

Many thanks for your work to keep that forum our favorite.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:20 AM   #142
Site Team

I'm curious as to the meaning of the membership titles -- junior member, senior member, etc.? How many levels are there and what are the qualifications for the various levels?
Old 12-21-2015, 10:18 AM   #143

Photo Album Benefits

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Now I will be able to categorize each album. This should reduce a member or myself from having to hunt down a particular picture. By adding information to the album title, it should make things easier to find things.
Agreed. It could also be advantageous to put all your photos in albums and then use links to them when posting.

Not sure, but this could allow you to edit or delete photos in closed threads that can no longer be edited. Please chime in if the link function won't work in this way.
joey2cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:27 AM   #144
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschitt View Post
Another question about image size albums.

I noticed that small image are enlarged when displayed in my personal album, so they are now displayed in really poor quality.
I always paid attention to post light images for quick display and now they look so bad. Is it possible to display images in original size when they are narrower than display zone (like in a thread)?

About my personnal album, images now sort in kind of random order, no more in upload chronological order. Do you plan to change that?

Many thanks for your work to keep that forum our favorite.
I noticed the same thing Claude. It is a shame loosing the quality of the images especially the scenic shots like yours. My guess is the amount of bandwidth pictures take up but they also might of selected a size that loads faster for long threads with lots of pictures. I don't know what the upper management plans to do but it will be addressed. Seems there is a lot of tweaking that still needs to be done and I'm sure they're doing everything they can to make the site work as best as possible.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #145
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2cool View Post
Agreed. It could also be advantageous to put all your photos in albums and then use links to them when posting.

Not sure, but this could allow you to edit or delete photos in closed threads that can no longer be edited. Please chime in if the link function won't work in this way.
In the past we didn't want members to delete photos in posts because it put holes in threads. It happened in a few instances so it was locked up and if you wanted to make a change like that you'd have to contact Jage to change or delete it.
I do not know how the new management plans to deal with this but I do like the idea of multiple smaller albums over one huge one. I've got over 350 pics in the old album and even I have a hard time finding a specific picture. Many are of vehicles being build at SMB, other are for trip reports. At least now I can name an album to give me and other members a heads up to what is in it. Persons wanting to look at builds would be able to go directly to that type album rather than looking through trip report pictures provided I labeled it correctly.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #146

Garage
Dave, is it already possible to split my actual album in several others? If so, what about the pictures appearing in my threads? Will those stay linked?
Thanks
Old 12-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #147
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschitt View Post
Dave, is it already possible to split my actual album in several others? If so, what about the pictures appearing in my threads? Will those stay linked?
Thanks
I have yet to get an answer to that Claude. I'd like to do the same. I'm guessing the links are specific to the original picture but I assume you could post a duplicate picture in a different album however I doubt you'll be able to change the link in a post. Just guessing here and all I can say at this point is I don't know

I also wonder if a new album picture that's resized automatically by the site will produce a better quality image...I've yet to try it. I haven't tried to see if an attached picture holds a better quality either when clicked on to show a larger size.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #148
Site Team

Garage
This picture is an example of the quality taken from my old album. When you click on the bar to expand it, the quality is so poor that the text in the image is difficult to read.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:03 PM   #149

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I have yet to get an answer to that Claude. I'd like to do the same. I'm guessing the links are specific to the original picture but I assume you could post a duplicate picture in a different album however I doubt you'll be able to change the link in a post. Just guessing here and all I can say at this point is I don't know

I also wonder if a new album picture that's resized automatically by the site will produce a better quality image...I've yet to try it. I haven't tried to see if an attached picture holds a better quality either when clicked on to show a larger size.
Thanks for your answer Dave.

About the resizing of images in albums, it probably preserves quality if resize = reducing size but it lowers quality a lot if resize = widening. In my personal album, pictures are 800 pixels wide, so they are widened -> quality is really poor now... Really hope there is a way for the developpers to only resize if the width exceeds the display size.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #150
Site Team

Garage
That's possible. I do know that the old site only resized the pics you put in your album and resized them to 800x600 IIRC. Attachments were a bit different and if you were not careful, a large file posted produced a picture that was difficult to download not to mention hard for some of us with small screens to view w/o having to scroll.