Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2015, 08:15 PM   #151
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschitt View Post
Another question about image size albums.

I noticed that small image are enlarged when displayed in my personal album, so they are now displayed in really poor quality.
We're still looking at image issues - thanks for being patient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmcintire View Post
I'm curious as to the meaning of the membership titles -- junior member, senior member, etc.? How many levels are there and what are the qualifications for the various levels?
Those titles are a software default and based on post count. They could be changed especially if someone some good ides. Often you see these titles (which are based on post count done up to match the topic of the forum. For example at a sailing forum, they might say deck hand, first mate, skipper, etc. They can be fun or informative or entirely goofy.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #152

Something you may want to consider for a future update.

Several of us have posted how to videos. Right now those are buried in the threads and you have to search to find them. It would be cool to also have them be accessible in their own section like a Wiki.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #153
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschitt View Post
Any news about missing images in some threads?
Claude, I was told this issue was taken care of. I'll be looking it over but if anybody has pics missing in threads, could you post back with a link to that thread.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:02 AM   #154
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Ok, Ok..getting better each day...seeing pics, no ads where pics should be...a few pics in forum pages still missing...but, I can see the difference....thanks for the tips from other users on ads etc...getting better...
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:45 PM   #155
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I do know that the old site only resized the pics you put in your album and resized them to 800x600 IIRC.
Alright so here's the deal on the album pics. We imported them and resize them all down to 700px max. The problem was that many were small photos when users had uploaded rather large high resolution photos. We don't want to loose the HiRes photos since the gallery of our community is tremendous resource. So we reimported the photos bringing in the original that was uploaded to the old site. The photos in the gallery now are the original uploaded so some might be rather huge. That means they will take a bit of time to download. Once they are downloaded they will resize automatically in your browser. So if you have a nice big monitor they will be very large and crisp images. If you have small monitor they will be small and crisp. The downside to this setup is you have to download the whole file before they will show (stinky on a slow or paid connection like a Mifi). Ideally we could have a middle sized image like 800px which you could then click on to access the original but that's not something we can code up right now. So for the time being we'll have to deal with very large originals in the gallery.

We are looking into some possible image issues related to small images showing up in a larger format than they were loaded. We have to try and find these same images on the old site so please hang tight while we work on that. Thanks for your patience.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:38 PM   #156
Site Team

Garage
Looks much better now Andy.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:26 PM   #157

Garage
Hi Janet, just wondering if the layout can be made 'wide' to fill the browser window. On another forum I use (same software) you can see the choice for this near the bottom right..

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/gen...ng-discussion/
Old 12-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #158
ctb

Garage
Andy, I will say you are on it and not shy about diving in and taking any and all that comes your way...bully for you! Glad to see things getting better each day...all the explanations really do show you're trying eh?!!
Old 12-22-2015, 04:17 PM   #159
ctb

Garage
Ps...Andy , any way we can get the badge thing and reward with no ads at all? Some user was spouting off about those of us with no badge but still complaining or even (inferring here) saying anything at all...I can be a bit slow at times i.e. Didn't catch on to the 'search' option for a year...until daveb gently clued me in (daveb rocks)...so by the time I figured out how to 'get' a badge...option did not work anymore....just wondering...get a badge, no ads would be awesome! And I wouldn't get the holier than though attitude from some of the less cool crowd...again way to go andy
Old 12-22-2015, 06:52 PM   #160
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Ps...Andy , any way we can get the badge thing and reward with no ads at all? Some user was spouting off about those of us with no badge but still complaining or even (inferring here) saying anything at all...I can be a bit slow at times i.e. Didn't catch on to the 'search' option for a year...until daveb gently clued me in (daveb rocks)...so by the time I figured out how to 'get' a badge...option did not work anymore....just wondering...get a badge, no ads would be awesome! And I wouldn't get the holier than though attitude from some of the less cool crowd...again way to go andy
Not speaking for Andy but that is supposed to be in the mix down the road. I was told it will depend on participation and/or a minor contribution depending how Andy decides to go. And if you can't yet, the plan was privileged members should be able to turn off the ads.