Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2015, 08:19 AM   #61

I love the new layout!!

SixCardCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Good point. Fixed.
As of this post, the S is still on the header... not "Fixed"
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:00 AM   #63

Garage
^^^ i saw it earlier, but its gone now for me.

just noticed the changeover erased all my saved "friends". any way i can get that list back?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogone View Post
As of this post, the S is still on the header... not "Fixed"
That'll be a server caching issue.. I'm sure they are working on it.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:05 PM   #65
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
No problem Janet. I'm looking through my bigger threads and looks like my pics are there, but my album is missing.

Can you check again please?
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #66
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
Hmm, I hit quote but it only quoted what you see above, and not the whole exchange (which was 86Scotty saying it is a forum not a forums).

So now I have two comments.

1) Why doesn't "quote" quote the whole previous exchange (and then I can trim as desired)?

2) It still says Sportsmobile Forums for me, as in multiple forums.

1) This is a difference in the software platforms and designed to keep quoted content from becoming overly long. That said you can essentially quote many posts in your reply by using the multi quote button.

One each post you want to include in your response click multi-quote and then on the final one you want to include, click on quote. All posts will be inserted into your response. After you have done this you can respond as usual or even move your cursor in between quoted content so you can reply to each one

2) Please try doing a hard refresh of the page - you should see the updated text.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:18 PM   #67
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
2) Please try doing a hard refresh of the page - you should see the updated text.
If you still see the S in the logo, you need to hard refresh, the old one is cached locally in your browers. The site is set to instruct your browser to cache things like images, JavaScript and CSS in your browser so the pages will load faster. You can hard refresh by pressing Cntrl+F5 on most browsers.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:19 PM   #68

RE: post timestamps. It looks like all timestamps on the forum are now set at GMT (Greenwich Mean Time, or +5 hours from ET, +8 from PT). Since the VAST majority of forum users are located in the USA due to SMB being a US brand, can that be adjusted either on a user-by-user basis, or better yet on a forum-wide basis, to a time that we all intuitively understand? I'm sure it's just an easy back-end setting in the forum software. Maybe it was GMT in the last design, but I don't recall it being so.

I don't mind the new layout, but oh, the ads! I think you would have served yourself much better with the existing users by slowly adding them into the design rather than placing them all over right away. Kind of like boiling a lobster in cold water vs throwing it into boiling water right away.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
If you still see the S in the logo, you need to hard refresh, the old one is cached locally in your browers. The site is set to instruct your browser to cache things like images, JavaScript and CSS in your browser so the pages will load faster. You can hard refresh by pressing Cntrl+F5 on most browsers.
I'll see what I can figure out. I am using Firefox and "contrl+F5" gave me the screen brightness adjust function with a diagonal line through it.

Okay, looked this up. For those on Macs, like me, it looks like there are two ways, depending perhaps on OS version. Command-F5 was one way (although for me that brought up "voice over" and did not do a hard refresh). The other way (which did work for me) is Command-shift-R. Now the S is gone! Ahhhh. Just figured I'd post this in case anyone else didn't have any luck with Cntrl+F5.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 12:43 PM   #70
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwteleman View Post
Another gripe:
  • When looking at the list of threads in a sub-forum, the 'last post' date is displayed (and the list is sorted by this date by default). However, previously you could hover over the thread title and see the date of the original post in the thread. Can this feature be added?
Thanks,
Brent

Brent, There are some sorting tools at the top of the thread list in a forum. You can click on the headings to sort threads in different ways. Displaying the actual date a thread was started (in the thread list) may be possible but would involve some head scratching so see if this works for you first...
Attached Thumbnails
smb_sort.jpg