Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2023, 04:25 PM   #1

How to post pictures

Please tell me how to include pictures with my posts. I have an Apple computer and an iPhone. I've tried but obviously doing something wrong. Thanks.

dogsandcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 09:13 PM   #2

Compose your post. Hit the go advanced button
Hit the paper clip button.
Search for your pic and load it.
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
Compose your post. Hit the go advanced button
Hit the paper clip button.
Search for your pic and load it.
This is interesting, that's not how i do it. I don't even see a "go advanced" button but I do have a paperclip which leads me to the same place within how i normally do it. After hitting reply, I scroll this page down until I see "manage attachments", click that, and then a pop-up offers me a "choose file" button, click that and it takes me to where I can choose up to 5 files/pics off my computer. I select a pic and then it takes me back to the forum and I click the "upload" button if I'm only attaching 1 pic or I can choose another pic and go back and forth up to 5.... then click "close this window" button and that's it. In the area below where I'm typing this called "additional Options" it shows as an attachment. Hopefully you're seeing a pic of me on top of the van sawing a limb out of the way somewhere in NC
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5595.jpg  
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:13 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage
How to add photos to a post

Click reply and scroll down to bottom of text box.
  • Click "go advanced" add text to message window and then scroll down.
  • Click "Manage attachments" A separate window will pop up.
  • Click "browse" Then select the file to be uploaded. Be sure that the photo is appropriately sized. 1000 x 1000 pixels (or smaller) and no more than 50K. Forums software will automatically reduce the size, but smaller size photos will upload much faster. You may select several photos to upload at the same time by repeating the last step.
  • Click "Upload" After pics have loaded close the pop-up window
  • Click "submit reply" to mount the text of your message - photos will automatically appear at the bottom of your post.

How to embed an image stored on another site:
You can do this by using image tags. Upload the image to a service like imageshack and then copy the URL of the image and put that between [IMG] tags. That will work well, as long as the host site stays in business and doesn't disable your image for overuse of bandwidth etc.

You can also paste in the location of a photo stored here in a photo gallery.

To do this: Paste the url of the image into your post. Then add the following code on either side of the url (with no extra spaces):

[IMG]url here[/IMG]

The image will appear where the url was in your text.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:58 PM   #5

Interesting that we see different things on the screen. Some trial and error shows me that after clicking on "quote" or "quick reply" and then scrolling down you get the "go advanced" button but if you click on "post reply" in the top left or bottom left you do not get the "go advanced" button but you can still scroll down and just click the "manage attachments" button. Also I never see a "browse" button either way and just click on "choose file". So there must be some differences and maybe that is confusing some users.
Old 01-24-2023, 05:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
Interesting that we see different things on the screen. Some trial and error shows me that after clicking on "quote" or "quick reply" and then scrolling down you get the "go advanced" button but if you click on "post reply" in the top left or bottom left you do not get the "go advanced" button but you can still scroll down and just click the "manage attachments" button. Also I never see a "browse" button either way and just click on "choose file". So there must be some differences and maybe that is confusing some users.
....or just skip all this and click reply, click on the paperclip icon, choose file, then upload