Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #1

photo viewing trouble

I seem to have issues downloading photos. For example, if I click on the 'random' photo link some of them will load all the way, and some only will load a fraction of the photo (like the top 10%). Also, on a thread like Brent Haywood's recent Bay Area coast trip I am not getting all the photos to load completely. I've had this issue both at work and at home which utilize two different ISP's, so I don't think that is the problem.

Anyone else have this issue with this or want to take a guess at some setting that I may have screwed up?
thanks!
josh

Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #2

Re: photo viewing trouble

Sounds like a bandwidth, timeout issue. It happens to me when my internet is really slow. Have you tried a different browser? Run speedtest.net?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #3

I'll run speedtest and see how it is sitting. I know bandwidth at work has been less than desirable lately. I did load Mozilla on my wife's laptop at home thinking that would do the trick (and my preference anyway), but had the same issues. Now that I think about it, the common denominator may be Kaspersky. I'll deactivate that at home and see how it works after that.

thanks-
Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 PM   #4

Bandwidth was ok - anywhere from 2 - 8 Mbps. The problem was Kaspersky 'web antivirus'. Once this was turned off things were back to the way they should be. I'll try to list this website as 'safe' and then reactivate protection just to see if that helps too, but in general it was really bogging all browsing activities so I will likely leave it off.