Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 03:09 PM   #11

I second imgur. Just keep your photos private and you can still copy paste the BB code and 3rd party link.

However, I am putting my pics up here from now on. Then the gallery is right there.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:52 PM   #12

Garage
^^^ seeing as how this is really the only place i post photos it seems like a no brainier, but 3 at a time is asinine compared to every other option out there. forum admins, can this change??

also saw mention of smugmug in expo regarding this topic. in same paragraph they mentioned all free hosting sites fail at some point or another. there was one i used before photobucket as well that was offered, but they also died out which led me to photobucket. for the life of me i cant remember the name.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 06:06 PM   #13

I use Smugmug, and am really happy with the service, but if I organize any of my photos to another gallery, the external link changes. The photos I've posted on forums go dead. Such is the case on some of my earlier TRs and Home builds here. I've since loaded some of the pics to my SMB Forum gallery, but am unable to edit the older posts to the new links. There is just no option on this forum to do that, except contact the forum admins on every single post I want to edit. Nobody can play nice.
wadewaydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
^^^ seeing as how this is really the only place i post photos it seems like a no brainier, but 3 at a time is asinine compared to every other option out there. forum admins, can this change??
It's been doubled - the reason for the limits is so that a slug of giant files being loaded all at once doesn't slow things down
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #15

Yep. The software actually resizes them so it takes a little time. Millions of pixels flying around the internet.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
It's been doubled - the reason for the limits is so that a slug of giant files being loaded all at once doesn't slow things down
tyvm janet! really appreciate that. 6 is definitely much better than 3 and thanks for the explanation as to why there is a limit.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 05-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #17

Garage
i was recently backtracking through my build thread looking for a part number and noticed all my photobucket pix working again. are anyone else's?
Old 05-10-2018, 09:34 AM   #18

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
i was recently backtracking through my build thread looking for a part number and noticed all my photobucket pix working again. are anyone else's?
Can you share a link for your forum build thread page(s) that you're referencing? We can all check to see if the PhotoBucket images display in it for us too.

(*** I'm guessing that you were possibly personally **logged in** to your own PhotoBucket account **at the same time** that you were looking at your SMB forum build thread....?)
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #19

Garage
being logged on does make sense, but i just went to photobucket and i am not logged on. heres the page i was looking at:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...an-9261-4.html

lmk if anyone can see the pix on that page as well. i did notice that some of the pix aren't working, but also noticed that the page hasn't completely loaded yet.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #20
Site Team

Garage
When photobucket changed their polices we managed to mirror the images here that were already in posts so that they would display in existing posts but this is not possible moving forward so the prohibition remains for embedding newer images.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote