Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
Site Team

Garage
Photobucket images - not for forum use

Recently the image hosting service Photobucket changed their terms of use for account holders and no longer allow embedded images to be displayed on forums. As a result the forum had many threads lose their photo documentation.

Moving forward we will disallow links to Photobucket and ask that you store your images with the posted text that they were intended to augment, here on the forum.

Forum members can store images posts and threads using the attachment option found in the advanced reply editor or in photo albums set up in individual profiles. There is no cost to store images here and this will ensure that your content is not diminished by an image hosting service changing their minds about how your content is handled. Thanks for understanding

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 06:57 PM   #2

Garage
What a pita. Stupid photo bucket.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:04 PM   #3

Thanks for the info Janet. I heard (and found out) a couple weeks ago on various forums but lots of people probably don't know.

I hope Photobucket knows how much they've royally screwed so many documented how-to's, etc. on a million forums. Jack asses. They could've just made this change starting now, or given users a heads up or something. I'm pretty ticked. Lots of my early stuff was on Photobucket.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 09:09 PM   #4

Yeah, what are they thinking?!

I was on the last couple of pages of Flux's build thread, and now it's lost a lot of its usefulness.

Cheers,
Brent
Old 07-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #5

I'm flattered teleman!! If there's anything you want to see, let me know and I will try to repost it. I plan to put my images back as hopefully they are as much help to someone else as the other build threads and images are to me. I will do what Janet suggests and post my pics up here. Just gonna take a little time, but I owe it to the site.

Even if my build thread becomes a "how not to do a home build" thread.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:33 AM   #6

Garage
ive been hating photobucket for some time now, but that's who ive used for the last 10+ years to host pix. who are you guys using as a host now? thankfully this is the only forum still going since fb came out. lots less threads I need to go fix, lol.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 07-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
ive been hating photobucket for some time now, but that's who ive used for the last 10+ years to host pix. who are you guys using as a host now? thankfully this is the only forum still going since fb came out. lots less threads I need to go fix, lol.
I use Flickr, which isnt too bad. Easy to upload from your phone, but annoying to copy links to direct images.

I really wish google would just step it up and let you link to direct image files in google photo.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #8

Garage
^^^ thank you I think the wife setup a flicker account for us a while back but never gave me password etc. ill have to check with her.

this 3 pix at a time crap on this forum is for the birds. we could at least have a drag and drop option here. would make getting all my build thread pix a hell of a lot easier to replace.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:53 AM   #9

Photobucket has been a pita for ages. I use Imgur.

James
James4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #10

Another vote for Flickr. I get pissed every time I think about how many pics, build threads, how-to's, trip reports, etc. are now worthless thanks to Photobucket. I started putting SMB stuff in my gallery here but everything else goes to Flickr. I like their interface.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote