Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #1
GAR

Lightbulb Posting pics with an iPone/ iPad

Ever try and post a pic from your album using an iPone, or iPad and it just never works? Well if ya follow this lil trick, you'll be able to!

When copying the picture URL code, and using an iPone/iPad, this is what ya usually end up with:

The reason for this is because you're only coping a portion of the URL code (see below):
"https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/10906-albums1111"

What ya need is this:
"https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/10906-albums1111-picture36748.jpeg"

Keep in mind this is only a problem when using an iPone/iPad. On a desktop or lap top, its no problem.

So whats the trick? When using your finger to run the highlighted copy across the code, don't try to go all the way to the end with your finger. With your finger still touching the screen, stop right around the end of the ".com" after "sportsmobileforum...".
"https://www.sportsmobileforum.com (stop here)"

Then move your finger straight down on the screen very slowly and stop when you see the highlighted copy move down just below the URL code. What this will do is allow you to capture the entire URL code which you can't do if you slide your finger to the end of the URL box highlighting the code. The entire code is in the URL box, but for some glitchy reason, it will not copy unless you do it the way I've described. I figured this out by accident while in the Aluminess waiting room and trying to post pictures on my iPone. lol

When you paste it here without using the "insert image box," it will look like this:
"https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/members/10906-albums1111-picture36748.jpeg"

If you use the "insert image" box from the icons at the top of the message box, what you'll end up with is this. a picture!

If this is hard to understand, reply to this thread and Ill see if I can't make a video and post it here.

Gar

GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:47 AM   #2

Great tip GAR. I have just changed to Flickr to try to keep all my photos in one place. I hope more folks here will try this though. Seems to be a lot of frustration about the issue.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:37 PM   #3
GAR

Thanks Scotty. Once ya know how to work around the iPad/iPhone glitch, its really quite easy to post pics.

Gar
Old 01-20-2018, 05:09 AM   #4

Garage
IMG]

Been trying this since I’m up way too early for today’s adventure. Above is all mine will copy with the method you’ve described. Oh and ignore what I responded to in my pm, I wasn’t fully functional when I responded...

Any advice on what I’m doing wrong? I see everything highlighted when I leave the page the photo is on.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #5
GAR

Shenrie,

Ill make a short YouTube video and post the link here. It will be an unlisted video, so you’ll need a YouTube account (which is free) to view the video. Give me 24 or so hours.

Cheers,
Gar
Old 01-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #6

This video would be great. I can’t seem to figure out how to post photos from my phone either.
Tomsprops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #7

Garage
Thanks gar, I appreciate it. Been screwing with it since we got home and I can see that I’m getting everything highlighted, but it’s not copying what’s highlighted. I’ll stay tuned for the vid. No rush though man, I rarely do much with my phone. Would be cool to be able to though.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 01-20-2018, 10:05 PM   #8
GAR

Lightbulb iPhone picture upload how to video

Below is a YouTube video i made that explains how to upload pictures using an iPone to any Sportsmobile thread desired. This video explains how to do so only after a picture has been uploaded to an album you’ve created in this forum.

This video may also be helpful in gaining knowledge on how to post pictures if that is something never attempted before.

https://youtu.be/hOmvB8RvhrY

Mods: Feel free to make this video a sticky if ya think others would benefit from it. All suggestions comments welcome.

Kind regards,

Gar
Old 01-20-2018, 10:14 PM   #9

Garage
Thanks gar! Worked perfectly. I didn’t open another page and typed in the img tags instead though. Either way, now I can post on me tele! Appreciate you taking the time to help the phone impaired like myself.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:24 PM   #10
GAR

My pleasure brother, spread the word!

Sweet Ford van pic!

Gar