Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2016, 10:02 AM   #1

What just happened?

Today, when I opened a thread, suddenly the photos are huge, but others in the same thread are fine. Most are so big that in order to read the text I have to scroll across the page. Some photos show the text "this photo has been resized......" and display fine, but others lack that text and are huge. If I hit CTRL - and shrink the page to fit the photo on the screen, the text is too small to read. This is the first time I've seen this with the new software. Then again, you know what the farmer said when his cow died. "Damn, she never did that before"

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Can you post a link to the thread you're having trouble with? It might also help to state what operating system your using.

FWIW this had happened before. One problem is it seems that some see issues while others don't. Pretty frustrating. Also there are some other issues going on with pictures. Last I looked I still can't see a few pics in a thread when using my home PC but have different results with other computers or my phone.

[edit] I did find a link that was displaying overly large picture but the site resized them... it just took a few seconds for them to display correctly.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:34 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
Can you post a link to the thread you're having trouble with? It might also help to state what operating system your using.
I guess it's this one : http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post167740

I see the same on IE or Firefox...
Old 01-18-2016, 12:12 PM   #4
Site Team

Garage
What happens when you let it load for a while? When I first open the thread there are several thumbnails lined up side by side. Within a few seconds the pics are arranged top to bottom and the thread looks normal. I'm running a reasonable speed but I can see if you are in a area when pages load slowly it might take longer for some.

I also noticed Eric's post on the Propex heater install did similar and the first picture he attached wasn't resized for several seconds.

I know when there is work being done on some sites things slow down but I'm not saying that's the problem here.

The more who post they are seeing issues the quicker it can be addressed and fixed.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #5
Site Team

Garage
The forum software reduces large images in posts so that they don't stretch the page and then you'll see the 'click to enlarge' bar on the image. That said, the entire image actually loads and it takes a second or two for the image to be reduced. If you connection is a little laggy, you may see the full sized image for a few seconds.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #6

Garage
Well, even with a high speed broad band, I cannot see any resizing happen here (up to date IE or Firefox and W7). The same on Scotty86 thread mentionned.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #7

[QUOTE=davebI also noticed Eric's post on the Propex heater install did similar and the first picture he attached wasn't resized for several seconds.
I.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the first one I noticed it on. I had the thread open for probably five minutes and the photo size never changed. It happened on another thread too, but I don't remember which one. Running Windows explorer and W7 professional

Update: I just tried Eric's post again, and some photos are small and some are huge, even after having it open for several minutes
Advanced 4wd
Old 01-18-2016, 04:50 PM   #8
Site Team

Garage
In the past hour or so we've made a few more changes.. Give this a little while to update and then see how it behaves for you. we'll keep tweaking until this is right, please be patient and keep the good work spotting problems.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:32 AM   #9

All better now, thanks.......
Advanced 4wd
Old 01-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #10

Well, I thought it was fixed, but more huge photos here:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ted-16587.html
Advanced 4wd