Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #1

Where do I post ....

I need some guidance on where to post various threads.

I am doing (another) home-brew, so my build thread/construction posts clearly go in that forum ("Ridley: a very green Transit").

But, where should I post my electrical plan and questions: in the build forum, or in the electrical/electronics forum? Some questions are relevant to all SMB'ers (eg, solar panels, battery types and brands, etc) but others are relevant only to home-brewers (like asking for feedback on my full plan). I am concerned that the electrical gurus may not read the home-brew forum.

Similarly, where do I post threads about appliances such as stoves, heaters and fridges/coolers? Again, the questions cover a broader constituency than just home-brewers.

Thanks for the guidance!

Old 02-26-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
Site Team

Garage
The home brew section is a broad sweep of the brush. I agree that if you ask specific electronic questions it's best to post in that section. But it's up to you. I'd consider being basic in the home brew section (where applicable) and add a link on both sides so members can jump to your other threads. What has been negative in the past is posting exact duplicate posts in different sections. You've been around for a long time so I doubt anybody will complain. As you mention, I might miss something in the home brew section being I skim through that section these days. Good luck on your ventures. OH BTW don't forget the appliance section

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #3

Thanks. I've been away for a couple of years, so I didn't know what the current practice is.

Posting in subforum A with a link to subforum B (and vice versa) makes sense. It provides context without duplication.

(In contrast to the SMB forum, which is wonderfully organized and for the most part well disciplined, the Ford Transit forum is sheer chaos!)
Old 02-26-2018, 09:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDawg View Post
(In contrast to the SMB forum, which is wonderfully organized and for the most part well disciplined, the For Transit forum is sheer chaos!)
I want to love that forum, I really do. I like a few of the folks there but no one will stay on topic so every new thread becomes useless.

Sure would be nice if we had a Transit forum here. Of course then we'd have to have a red-headed step child Promaster forum too. The homebrew section works as a catch all though and I'd be willing to bet about 50% of us here these days don't own, or currently own, an actual Sportsmobile.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote