Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2016, 01:54 PM   #1

Question Where to post about a members poor transaction?

I had recently paid in fulll for an item that was clearly listed for $100 shipped, but when the member received my $ the terms quickly changed. (More money was requested or unsatisfactory shipping would be applied )
I asked for a us postal money order as return payment and that wasn't obliged either.

I did wait til I deposited the personal check before posting this... (no fool here)

So who or where should I put my complaint so other members don't get the run around like me?
As with many people, loosing $100 isn't something to sneeze at these days...
I'm glad the money is now deposited in my account.

The principal of my post is- if a seller, me or who ever mistakenly quotes a price then it's too bad, suck it up and make it right... Especially if the buyer has full filled their terms.

So where should I cut n paste this?

And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #2

As you can see, I've left the name of the seller out to be polite...

But I guess it's not hard to figure out...
Old 02-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #3

Many forums offer feedback ratings like eBay. Maybe that could be applied here.

"Unsatisfactory shipping" seems somewhat vague though. If the price included shipping, but carrier/service was not specified, then it's at the sellers discretion IMO. If you prefer it to be shipped a different way then it's up to you to pay the difference. Based on your description above it appears that you had the option, and the seller refunded your money. I'm not sure why you are implying or stating that you were scammed somehow.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #4

I gave a very generalized summary of the situation just to give an idea so I could be advised to where to post this.
Never said scammed, very displeased would be a better term.
As for shipping, I've been buying all sorts of items from forum members for 15+ years and never had a situation like this. Shipping to the bus station that is 30+ mins away (one way) isn't satisfactory or was mentioned in the post or email til the seller had my $.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:02 PM   #5

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
I have no idea what was being shipped or where from, but you are in one corner of the USA and shipping a bulky item can cost more than the item itself if going cross country.

I'm guessing the seller was trying to get whatever it was to you for a reasonable cost and not trying to cheat you in any way.

Refunding your money was the best solution - what more could you want?

It all should have been agreed to up front though.

All and all, I don't see any damages, other than a missed opportunity.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
It all should have been agreed to up front though.
agreed
I didn't think the terms should change after receiving my $...

In the end, no harm.
I guess I needed to vent...
Old 02-08-2016, 04:52 PM   #7

I can vouch for shipping costs for a private party to a private residence to run from ridiculous to outright stupid...

I once missed an estimate on shipping by a huge margin. It was my fault, but at the same time, should I pay someone to take my stuff for sale? I've been on both side of this same thing... In my particular case, I offered a refund, offered to have him find a less expensive shipping method, etc. In the end, he and I split the difference, I was happy, he was happy.

A lot of guys flat refuse to ship bulky items, and I can't blame them.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #8

Okay I was going to let this die and be done with it... But that's not the case. I was just informed that another member here bought an item from him in excellent condition and received something completely different apparently I'm not the first and hopefully this other member will chime in and we will both call his name out so other members know to stay away from him as a seller.

Please don't ask me to call out his name because I don't snitch like that. If the other member who had a problem with him wants to mention his name along with me I'll happily do that.

Like I said I was ready to let this die and be done with it but finding out another person had a problem with him aggravated me a little bit more.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:14 PM   #9

I see the OP's point. $100 shipped means $100 shipped. Unless the seller specifies that for that amount shipping is only to the lower 48, etc.

Either way, it's an internet transaction even if it's on a small community website like the SMB forum. I'm always careful to make sure shipping is specified up front. It's not that hard to plug the weight and address into an online calculator, either for the seller or the buyer.

The best thing about this forum is that it pretty much polices itself without heavy handed moderation. As such, there are no rules on transactions in the classifieds that I know of, except maybe for the vendors.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #10
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
I wouldn't call it being a 'snitch', rather, not revealing your sources...it can turn on you when they say things like, "I didn't say that, or I didn't mean that." Lessons suck and you have some other options like word honesty , wording it like a 'review' that wouldn't cause a lawsuit for character damages...being objective and not throwing in opinion would really legitimize it...I'll read it, and I am sure many other members would too..I would hope that a 'good' seller would ask your zip code when making final arrangements knowing what actual costs could be...but, that said...that is why big selling sites have reviews that can help deciding if you actually want to do business with the seller in the first place...sorry it didn't work out for you, it'll be better luck next time.
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote