Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2015, 11:06 PM   #11

Re: Swivel seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammason
Great looking van OccasionalDirt! I've got a question for you. How difficult is the passenger seat to swivel? I've got a 1999 Express that I want to add a swivel seat for the passenger side. Do you have to move the seat all the way forward to avoid the door jam?

Thank you!

Scott

1. Tilt seat forward
2. Slide seat forward
3. Rotate 180
4. Tilt seat back

takes about 2 mins. the swivel plate is offset 2" towards the center of vehicle to allow seat to clear when rotating

Old 07-19-2015, 09:44 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by occasionaldirt

1. Tilt seat forward
2. Slide seat forward
3. Rotate 180
4. Tilt seat back

takes about 2 mins. the swivel plate is offset 2" towards the center of vehicle to allow seat to clear when rotating
Excellent, thank you for the info - Just what I was hoping to find out before I ordered one.

Scott
gammason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammason
Quote:
Originally Posted by occasionaldirt

1. Tilt seat forward
2. Slide seat forward
3. Rotate 180
4. Tilt seat back

Excellent, thank you for the info - Just what I was hoping to find out before I ordered one.

Scott

It looks like your passenger seat is a power seat model. I was told you could not put a swivel on a power seat. Where did you get the swivel for it and did you have any problems with the install as far as the electric wires are concerned?
Black95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #14

House Batteries, Solar Controller, Converter/Charger

Added 2 AGM 31's under the rear sofa/bed, wired with 1/0 back to engine compartment, thru a solenoid & fuse to the starting battery. Batteries connected with time-delay switch after starting to allow alternator to charge house batteries, or manual connection for jumping via alligator clip moved from it's home on the airbox to the positive battery terminal.

Rogue MPT-2024. I will be installing 2x 105w 24v flexible panels to the roof... as soon as spring thaw happens..

Hookups! PowerMax Boondocker PM4B 60A, drop the cord out the back door & plug-in:

Additional fuse panel installed behind panel that the main disconnect switch and Rogue solar control panel are mounted to.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:26 AM   #15

Dometic Refrigerator Install. 80/20 cabinet

Decided on the Dometic Truck Fridge. Replaced fan prior to installing... super quiet and efficient Noctua NF-F12. I bent a piece of sheet metal and attached it with 3m double vhb tape to create a sealed tunnel to allow cooling air to be pulled thru cabinet for the compressor. The tunnel is sealed at both cabinet ends to prevent heat from the compressor from contact with the rest of the fridge. The entire body of the fridge was then wrapped in 1" recycled denim insulation with foil bubble wrap on top of that - very efficient, batteries can run it for 4-days in summer conditions. Peel & stick cork for the front face and top of cabinet. Shelving created above fridge with pull out shelves/drawers. 80/20 construction, the entire cabinet is mounted to the OEM seat base as is the porta potty that is pictured.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #16

Insect Screens.

These have worked out great. Like a pillow case, drop down over the top of open door, provide nice privacy while allowing window to be up or down. Making bug screens (Skreenz) to provide camping comfort by protecting you from bugs like flies and mosquitoes

Old 07-25-2016, 11:56 PM   #17

I know old thread but do happen to have the part number on the bilsteins? And what year of suburban did the leaf Springs come from? I installed the traxada lift but would like to upgrade the shocks and ditch the blocks for new leaf packs. Here's my van
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160724_185152.jpg  
Beastmodevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:28 AM   #18

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Agile Off-Road offers a FOX Shock RIP Kit for these vans.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:47 AM   #19

Front:
Bilstein #24-186643
Rear:
Bilstein #24-221948

1993-1999 Suburban springs; I ordered General Spring 1999 3/4 ton Suburban springs, with Energy Suspension spring bumpstops 9-9132G (to replace cheap plastic slides that come on the bottom leaf).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmodevan View Post
I know old thread but do happen to have the part number on the bilsteins? And what year of suburban did the leaf Springs come from? I installed the traxada lift but would like to upgrade the shocks and ditch the blocks for new leaf packs. Here's my van
Old 07-26-2016, 11:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by occasionaldirt View Post
Front:
Bilstein #24-186643
Rear:
Bilstein #24-221948

1993-1999 Suburban springs; I ordered General Spring 1999 3/4 ton Suburban springs, with Energy Suspension spring bumpstops 9-9132G (to replace cheap plastic slides that come on the bottom leaf).
Hey thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Appreciate the info. I like the stance of your van, mine isn't quite where I would like it to be yet. I have to replace the drivers side torsion bar, couldn't crank the new keys up, shouldn't be worn out with so little miles (77k) but from what I have read is a common problem with GM vehicles(vans, trucks and suv's) plus need to find the wheels and tires combo I like, shooting for a 32" on 18" wheel.
Beastmodevan is offline   Reply With Quote