Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2018, 06:52 AM   #31

That top looks great!

What adhesive did you use to attach it? Any pointers?

bcaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokaman View Post
They are Dometic S7P windows. There was a solid CR Lawrence on the passenger side, so I had to go a bit big on that one to cover the old hole. These windows are pretty hard to actually get as Dometic only sells then to OEM manufactures like Winnebago. It took a lot of phone calls...
Also interested in the windows. Would the large one that pops open fit on a slider door? When you say it took a lot of phone calls, does that mean you now know the right person to call?
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:49 AM   #33

I'm refurbishing the same profile roof. Yours is looking good. Those seats look incredibly comfortable. Thanks for the inspiration following your build provides. In the heat we're having here in SoCal I need inspiration to get outside and work on my top.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:20 PM   #34

Garage
I got some more progress done on the van. I am a bit behind schedule but oh well, got a little distracted having fun...

I decided that I needed a new dashboard due to a previous repair that cracked out. I also scored a pair of front doors with all the power goodies. Now I have power windows! I also just got the whole van Tinted. No picture of that yet.

I also took the opportunity to fully sound deaden the fire wall and doghouse. The back side of the dash also got a full treatment along with a fair amount of jute padding. This made a HUGE difference in noise from my 7.3l. For some reason I was slacking on the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
A233EE04-FCBB-4A6D-99E7-AA20F5DD239D.jpg   A5C19EA0-3CD0-46EB-A7C9-5D73D7842685.jpg   574DE294-75B5-44FA-A5A5-2E0EA8F727AC.jpg  
dokaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:25 PM   #35

Wow! That’s impressive tackling the dash. Can you provide some details on the door swap? I have an ‘03 with manual windows and locks. I’m also contemplating swap with doors with power. Any tips you can share? Thanks
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:52 PM   #36

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Wow! That’s impressive tackling the dash. Can you provide some details on the door swap? I have an ‘03 with manual windows and locks. I’m also contemplating swap with doors with power. Any tips you can share? Thanks
I was able to locate a pair of factory power doors. Bolted them up and plugged them in... The power windows and mirrors worked, the locks did not. My van was prepped with the wiring already and the doors came from a power van with out factory keyless. This made the swap mostly plug and play. I had to connect a couple wires in the rear or the van that would normally go to the rear cargo door lock switch, after that I had working power locks up front. Later I added the rear lock motors.

2001 Van Haus E350 EB 7.3L Quadvan 4X4
1999 Sportsmobile E150 - SOLD
2002 Sportsmobile RB50 7.3L 4X4 - SOLD
Old 08-16-2018, 12:19 AM   #37

Garage
More progress. I got my new seats installed and they are awesome! At least I think so...

Scheel-Mann Vario F with heat and center armrests. I also picked up some swivel seat bases from Van Haus and some econoline seat brackets from ExpoVans. All of these parts together made these seats work out very well in my van. First 30 minute drive was very comfortable. This weekend I will be putting a few hours in them and can't wait to get a better feel from them. My old seats were ok for around town trips and short runs up to a couple hours, after that I would start wiggling around trying to get comfortable.

Here is the Before and After:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0695.jpg   IMG_0703.jpg  

Old 08-16-2018, 07:49 AM   #38

Garage
Been monitoring your progress - quite a bit accomplished in just a couple months! definitely like your Seats. Always interesting to see what each builder chooses when product selections are made with each of these builds...reading them is always educational.
Leads me to ask about the Trans pan you installed - I've been contemplating the same change opposed to adding a larger Trans cooler. Are you seeing actual temp improvements with that pan ? Their claim is 50 degrees...even 1/2 of that would impress me.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:18 PM   #39

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Been monitoring your progress - quite a bit accomplished in just a couple months! definitely like your Seats. Always interesting to see what each builder chooses when product selections are made with each of these builds...reading them is always educational.
Leads me to ask about the Trans pan you installed - I've been contemplating the same change opposed to adding a larger Trans cooler. Are you seeing actual temp improvements with that pan ? Their claim is 50 degrees...even 1/2 of that would impress me.
The guys that did my tranny rebuild installed the pan. I actually did not know ahead of time... I wish I had some real before and after temp readings, but I had no gauge before the rebuild. Now I normally see around 165f running around town and about 180f on the freeway. No towing yet and the van is fairly empty at the moment.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:29 PM   #40

Garage
Very detailed build, keep the updates coming! I'm looking to tackle a few similar projects coming up, I'm getting some good ideas. That doghouse insulation is pretty high on the list.

I'm also looking at getting some seating help from Expoans. Why did you decide to go with scheelman vs sienna seats?