Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2021, 03:02 AM   #11

Garage
Nice, well done.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:22 PM   #12

Coming along nicely. I brought mine out of hibernation for some more work in the pleasant fall weather but there's just too much going on. I did find a spare carrier to fit the left rear door and a 2" receiver that will come in handy, for both a trailer hitch at times and probably a swingaway bike carrier at other times.

I also found what looks like a decent replacement rear axle, same 4.09 and limited slip as mine, to fix the awful howl from the worn unit in my van. Hope to get that swapped in before the snow flies.

Our interior layout will probably look a lot like yours.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:22 AM   #13

Got the bed in and most of the curtains up. Bed is an olympic queen from brooklyn bedding, 8" memory foam.
Attached Thumbnails
Unknown.jpg  
toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:59 PM   #14

Do you have any closeups of the electrical panel or a schematic of what you have done? We kind of thought you'd have taken off by now for your six-month jaunt. That memory foam must have been a monster to ship.
Old 12-01-2021, 09:31 AM   #15

It was delayed. We arent heading south until Feb 1. I wrap up my last week of work next Friday and then ill going to trial run from boise to portland down the coast to palm springs.

As far as my wiring, I used the this diagram from farout rides, but only loosely followed it. I used a single B2b/MPPT charger combo, no shore.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 9.31.51 AM.jpg  
Old 01-09-2022, 09:40 PM   #16

Just realized I never shared the final setup before I left. I needed to add more storage. 6 ft of l track and bags off Amazon worked perfect for the first 4k miles. They swing which helps keep everything in. I found out I need to add a bumper behind them.

Other things I realized I need after my first trial run.

1) sway bar, the van was very sketchy with passing trucks and cross winds. Added a Roadmaster rear sway bar. There was no factory rear on this van.

2) backup camera. Too often I was backing up and hoping for the best... Not great long term.

3) couple of mechanical fixes.
Attached Thumbnails
DEF808E0-124F-4BA3-8A94-A75EA7DF9D43.jpg   EA05472C-9B10-41D7-B1F4-4033A70CF557.jpg