Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #11

Re: 2006 Build

scooba,

Your putting a 930 engine into a sand rail? That's going to be one cool sand rail!
I completely rebuilt my 911 just a few years ago, so I know where your coming from. I would really be interested in seeing your progress and I do have a few left over parts if your interested?
I can't say enough about what great people Derek & liz are, never mind all his made skills, I would definitely take him up on his offer, when you can!
Good luck with everything
Jamie

I'll try & post all of our progress on our family dream, when we have some.....
AdventureRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #12

I'm actually going to use a 1600 type one motor with 930 CV's. I just want the travel (for now).
scoobasteeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:43 PM   #13

Gotcha, I was going to say, with turbo system on a 930, your brave, the way the power comes on in that engine was like a switch, on or off, all or nothing.
Well, again good luck and I still would really dig seeing pic's of it all coming together. Were are you located, or should I say where do you take a toy like that to go play?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #14

Hello SMB Crew,

Did some work this week, we got three of window's put in, 1 is one back order and we may choose to add one more as well.

With "Uncle D's" help we completed my safari rack about a month ago and today I put on the 4 of my 8" round HID lights on the front and later this week I will be receiving the 6 other lights that go on the sides and the rear of the rack. I have a 5th HID light for the front I just haven't decided if I'm going to re-drill the mounting bracket to add the 5th. Then I would be able to place three to the front and two/one to each side at a 30/45 degree angle, will see how they work then I make the decision. Now all there is to do is, put on the new Maxxvent fan that just came in, much better ventilation, put on the trim for the extended roof, hang our awning, gut out rear doors & put new speakers in the front for better tunes (sub's and separates, another trick I was shown by Uncle D), then it's finally ready for the interior to be stared & finish!!!

I have spent well over a month researching fridges & the other accessories, hopefully with funds allowing we'll start placing orders this next week.

It starting to finally take some real shape and Heather, the kids & I are all starting to really get excited.

I hope everyone had a fun, productive & safe holiday weekend!

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0607.jpg   DSC_0605.jpg   DSC_0606.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #15

Just some more pictures...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0611.jpg   DSC_0612.jpg   IMG_0700.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #16

This is Derek & Liz helping me build my safari rack at their beautiful home in Colorado, they are truly awesome people!
Here's a few photo's of the build and there long over do....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0662.jpg   IMG_0663.jpg   IMG_0666.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #17

More pictures of the build....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0668.jpg   IMG_0669.jpg   IMG_0674.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #18

more of the same from Derek's
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0673.jpg   IMG_0676.jpg   IMG_0678.jpg  
Old 09-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #19

An still there's more
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0682.jpg   IMG_0690.jpg   IMG_0692.jpg  
Old 09-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #20

We had a family outing today in the Beast after finishing up some work on her yesterday, so all of us (the gang) decided to do some off roading along with also doing some Geo Cacheing along the way. We went up Farmington Canyon and ended up coming out in Bountiful, taking Skyline Drive to whole way (Google earth it, very cool little jaunt) . We had a great day and found some cool cache's and even ran into some friends up doing the same thing. I hope everyone had a great family Labor Day.

After we came down we head to a new hamburger place (wannabe In & Out, but fairly good) then headed home and everyone helped washed & vacuum "Merge".

Here's some pic's of the day!

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0690.jpg   DSC_0613.jpg   DSC_0615.jpg