Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #31

Re: 2006 Build

Ahhh that can of WD40 really you see that worldwide! Best product ever as far as I am concerned...
Nice job keep the pics flowing

+ 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero Hirsch
+ 1972 Saab 96 V4 (not running)
+ fixed house (Argh)
saabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #32

Jage,

I got a screaming deal on the fridge, furnace, water tanks and pumps, inverter and a few other odd's and ends. Let just say I saved about $2000 off retail. But I took the chance of some or none of the pieces working, but I lucked out and so far everything is working flawlessly!

We are trying to take the kids to Disney Land over for the holidays, and we are looking for some advice on where to go after we leave there. We are thinking about going to Baja and then coming back through AZ up to Utah trying to stay on two lane roads or we thought about going to Whistler B.C., following HWY 1 up the coast to Canada. With this plan we would have sun and snow (skiing) all in the same trip, but after thinking about this for the last month or so, we have decided to maybe just to stay in the south west (needing much less gear for the northern trip & cash) might be our best bet.

I'm looking for some advice on fun places to visit, things to do, places to see, roads to travel on, etc. after leaving Disney Land (Anaheim), so please give us your two cents!

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1522.jpg   IMG_1523.jpg   IMG_1520.jpg  
I'll try & post all of our progress on our family dream, when we have some.....
AdventureRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #33

If you are comming to Disneyland you should come to San Diego and go to the zoo as well as Sea world. I have my shop in san diego and would love to see your interior convertion and if you have any problems with any of your systems we can fix them while your here. Hope you have a safe trip and good weather. 78 degrees and sunny in San Diego today

Hickman
hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #34

Hickman,

Wow , we would be honored & will definitely make/take the time to stop by, if for nothing more then to grab a cup of java and talk toy's . That's is a very kind & generous offer, I thank you for reaching out & making it.
Hopefully we will have just about most of the major item's interior finished by the time we take off for the trip, so again, hopefully (famous last words), we will end up having something to show you, but I can say we will enjoy meeting either way.

Please P.M. me so I can put your contact info into our itinerary.

Cheers
Old 12-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #35

OK, this somehow always seems to be the way things go , the miss and I finished off our bed and upper platform tonight right before I have to leave for a quick meeting in Oregon. Hey at least I"ll get to try it out, but we are really excited with the way it turned out, truthfully better then we thought it was going to, tell us your thoughts, questions, etc..!!!

Hears some pictures:

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0140.jpg   DSC_0141.jpg   DSC_0142.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #36

Few more pic's of us finishing the build...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0126.jpg   DSC_0131.jpg   DSC_0135.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #37

Send a message via AIM to surfgeek33

Jaime,

That is sooo cool that the whole family pitches in on the build of the family/ adventure van. How is the space up there? Can two adults fit up there? What is the approximate height from the bed to the roof? Have a good trip.

Ray

"I do, cellularSTEVE" :o)
surfgeek33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:36 AM   #38

DSW4X4. SWEEEEEEEETT! who built your full length rooftop and pop out tent? that is what i've been looking for.
do you have any leakage problems? and what is the load rating of the popout section?
can you post a few more pix of your build? interior also??
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw4x4
scoobasteeve,
I need the van to build the rack. What kind of van and roof do you have on your van? The price depends on what all you want on the rack. A fully loaded rack with all the goodies and brackets custom built the way you want it for a eb van will be around 900 dollars installed. You have to supply all the goodies to go on it. Or I can out fit the rack for an additional cost. Here are a few pictures of my rack.

chainsaw5vent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #39

Any updates on your build?
Home built interior(soon to come)
Gonejpn2 is offline   Reply With Quote