Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2020, 06:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
Do you guys have them set up to be quickly removable? I wouldn't want 2 chairs permanently mounted in the back.

They can make a quick release. However, a lot of people mount them in the front. Then when you swivel them, you have a lounger.

Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
They can make a quick release. However, a lot of people mount them in the front. Then when you swivel them, you have a lounger.
Evidently MG is no longer making the bases for them.
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #13

Garage
My Siennas are on specially-designed removable bases that you can see in my build thread. But they’re no longer available, unfortunately. There may be other removable options that I’m not aware of. You could ask that question by making a separate thread and see if anyone has any info on it.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
My Siennas are on specially-designed removable bases that you can see in my build thread. But they’re no longer available, unfortunately. There may be other removable options that I’m not aware of. You could ask that question by making a separate thread and see if anyone has any info on it.
Thanks, I'm just gonna focus on the stuff I can do myself right now (fridge, stereo upgrade, swivel seats, etc).
Old 08-05-2020, 04:53 PM   #15

Swapped out the junk wheels with Nitto Trail Grabber 35's on 17x8 Pro Comps. Now I need a new front bumper.
Attached Thumbnails
with 35s.jpg  
Old 08-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #16

Wow, looks really good!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:22 PM   #17

So is the Aluminess front bumper what most people go with?
Old 08-06-2020, 07:00 AM   #18

I like the UJoint offering
https://www.ujointoffroad.com/produc...s-accessories/
jimmyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
Do you guys have them set up to be quickly removable? I wouldn't want 2 chairs permanently mounted in the back.
In my second row, Ujoint installed a pair of Sienna recliners on their seat mounts when I had the 4x4 conversion done. I recently had a welder buddy weld nuts from underneath the van so that I could unbolt the seats from inside the van without having someone crawl under the van with a wrench. The bases are positioned so that the front holes line up with the cross member so I think it's as strong as OEM seat anchors in terms of pull through. The rear holes are welded with re-enforced plates. I would have preferred the back holes line up with the cross member, but then the seat would have been wicked close to the front seats. It's not as slick and adjustable as securing to L-track, but it suits my needs.
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
In my second row, Ujoint installed a pair of Sienna recliners on their seat mounts when I had the 4x4 conversion done. I recently had a welder buddy weld nuts from underneath the van so that I could unbolt the seats from inside the van without having someone crawl under the van with a wrench. The bases are positioned so that the front holes line up with the cross member so I think it's as strong as OEM seat anchors in terms of pull through. The rear holes are welded with re-enforced plates. I would have preferred the back holes line up with the cross member, but then the seat would have been wicked close to the front seats. It's not as slick and adjustable as securing to L-track, but it suits my needs.
I'd love to hear some other ideas for temp seating. Most of my driving will be me and a co-pilot, but will occasionally have 2-3 people in the back, and I think they'd feel a little more secure with an actual bolted down seat and seat belt. I'm not going the $1k plus seat route. Really just want something like a lightweight bench seat that can be pulled in/out easily.