Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2018, 05:35 AM   #71
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
@CThayn, I was looking for the Suitech box on Amazon and don't see one like you got. Could you link it? I've tried several different word combos in the Amazon search. Perhaps it's just not my day.

Thanks
There are two other well known makers of similar products, Switch-Pros and sPOD: Switch Pros - Home & https://www.4x4spod.com/

Both are very cool but perhaps a bit more than anticipated? I'm considering one of them to greatly reduce the installation and control hassles of various components and systems I typically create when building out my work-only vans.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #72

The switch system I have is not a touch panel. It has that look, but the switches are a mechanical push button.

I am a little concerned about the quality and reliability. I am sure the higher cost S-Pod or Switch Pro is a better quality, but at ~3.5X the cost, I thought I would give it a shot.

Who knows, I may not be happy with it and go for the higher cost one anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cthayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #73

Thanks guys. @JWA, I know of the S-pod but not willing to pay for it.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:39 PM   #74

Same here. That’s why I though I would try the economy version.

After some use I will report how it goes.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:14 PM   #75

Thats some good skills, nice job on all of it.
Slowly building interior
E250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:06 PM   #76

This is a great system, very smart

https://linx.arb.com.au
Davidl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:54 AM   #77

I enjoy following your build. When it's all done, we're going to end up with very similar vans but from different vendors. I hope we get a chance to compare side by side, someday. You're a couple of months ahead of me.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:10 PM   #78

Opie,

Good luck on your build. It would be nice to see other’s work.

I may be ahead now, but it won’t be hard to catch up. It is hard to find time to make much progress.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:53 PM   #79

You inspired me to start a build thread. I posted it on Expedition Portal.
https://www.expeditionportal.com/for...-build.193948/
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #80

2012 E-350 EB V10, 4x4, CCV Top

Sub Floor Installation

I started the installation of the plywood subfloor with covering most of the floor with the sound/vibration dampening material. I didn’t cover every inch because to be effective you only need to cover ~60-70% of the metal. I did cover the wheel wells completely because I think a lot of the road noise comes through them. I may add a second layer at some point.

The next layer was 1/2” of ridged foam insulation. I started with a 2 ft wide piece so the seam would not align with the plywood. I used the stock vinyl floor mat as a template. I was also able to cut the insulation to fit tight to the walls, under the pinch weld. The foam was flexible enough to lift the center and fit the ends under the pinch weld.

The next layer was 3/4” plywood. I again used the vinyl floor for a template, but had to cut the edges short of the wall in order to get the floor to drop in place. I will fill that gap with expanding foam insulation. I did use a biscuit jointer between the pieces to keep the joints aligned. That worked pretty good. I used 2” self-drilling screws in counter-bored holes to secure the floor to the van.

We now need to decide on a finished floor material. Has anyone used the vinyl click-snap plank flooring. It seems easy to install and looks pretty good and robust. The are made to use as a floating floor, but could we glue these down to further secure the floor to the subfloor. We want the rustic wood look.

My wife wanted to de-brand the Colorado Campervan top, so she went to work, but she left a few letters up.

We decided not to leave it this way for obvious reasons.

Thanks for your advise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk