Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #211
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Re: 2013 E350 New Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
Thanks, photographix. I've really enjoyed doing this. I may have to sell it and build another one.
Skinny if you chose to do this professionally I could see it being a very good side line or even full time endeavor for you. The quality of execution really is amazing.

I'm also quite impressed with the simplicity which to me tends to spell an easy to maintain, ease of access to the various systems when that becomes necessary.

Quite a well done job Sir!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #212

Truly awesome!! I covered all 15 pages in one sitting. This is a huge inspiration to me because I'm ordering
a 2014 Pueblo Gold E350 EB tomorrow morning (unless Baja Tan is still available). I'm having SMB in Austin
install the 4WD and a PH....the rest I will try to do on my own.
I read earlier where you may head to the Gulf Coast. If you come thru Corpus Christi I'd like to meet you and see your van.

db
dbCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #213

Worked on a little finish/trim work today.

Water pump in.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0251.JPG   DPP_0253.JPG   DPP_0255.JPG  
skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #214

The plumbing system is completed. One nice thing is that it will all drain by gravity. Just unplug the pump from the pressure switch, open the shower head and let it hang down. It drains all but about 1 1/2" in the bottom of the heat exchanger that a little shot of air would take care of. Or I could loosen the bracket that is holding it in place and raise it up to the bottom of the shelf above and I think it would pretty much all drain out.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0252.JPG  
Old 12-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
Thanks, photographix. I've really enjoyed doing this. I may have to sell it and build another one.
Skinny if you chose to do this professionally I could see it being a very good side line or even full time endeavor for you. The quality of execution really is amazing.

I'm also quite impressed with the simplicity which to me tends to spell an easy to maintain, ease of access to the various systems when that becomes necessary.

Quite a well done job Sir!
Thanks a lot, JWA..... I would seriously consider doing one or two a year, late Fall early Winter, when I get back down from Alaska. I could still go play for a couple months afterwards before I'd have to head back up there.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbCooper
Truly awesome!! I covered all 15 pages in one sitting. This is a huge inspiration to me because I'm ordering
a 2014 Pueblo Gold E350 EB tomorrow morning (unless Baja Tan is still available). I'm having SMB in Austin
install the 4WD and a PH....the rest I will try to do on my own.
I read earlier where you may head to the Gulf Coast. If you come thru Corpus Christi I'd like to meet you and see your van.

db
Thanks db. I'm glad you enjoyed the build. I sure did. I will probably be coming through Corpus Christ. I spent a couple weeks there a few years ago learning how to kiteboard and I will probably hang out there for a week or so on my way through to do some more boarding. It's a great place for that, and I found an awesome little Sushi place down by the Marina.
I was thinking Baja Tan also but it wasn't available in the 2013's. Not sure about the 14's. Good luck with your build. If you have any questions on what I did, feel free to message me.

Dennis
Old 12-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #217

I didn't think they were still making E-Series anymore. Just the cab Chassis. Is this NOS?

Paul
Old 12-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonesclimber
I didn't think they were still making E-Series anymore. Just the cab Chassis. Is this NOS?

Paul
Hi Paul, I was told by Quigley that you can order a 2014 through about June of next year and that will be the end of them. ;-(
Old 12-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #219

Cool . Not much room for PROCRASTINATION now.

Paul
Old 12-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #220

I asked about Baja Tan with SMB West. They said it was still available...if I wanted to order 5 at a time (fleet only option). Dang it.