Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #221

Re: 2013 E350 New Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndshark
I asked about Baja Tan with SMB West. They said it was still available...if I wanted to order 5 at a time (fleet only option). Dang it.
Maybe we could get enough people on here that want one and we could place an order. I'd really like to try to buy 2-3 more vans before they shit can them. They would probably sell at a premium in a few years.a

skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
Quote:
I asked about Baja Tan with SMB West. They said it was still available...if I wanted to order 5 at a time (fleet only option). Dang it.
Maybe we could get enough people on here that want one and we could place an order. I'd really like to try to buy 2-3 more vans before they shit can them. They would probably sell at a premium in a few years.a
I have actually considered that. SMB-W said "get 4 of your friends to order one and we'll make it happen." LOL! I gotta get my butt in gear and decide what I want to do: RB or EB and finalize my floor plan and get a van ordered. My uncle has a buddy with a clean, low-mileage '05 with a diesel so that's a factor as well. But it's white, not Baja Tan
Old 12-16-2013, 06:33 PM   #223

Not too much for pictures other than of the last aluminum box I've been waiting for. I will get a cushion made for the top of it for another place to sit. I got the front fenders trimmed, primed all the screws and penetrations under the floor that I could get to, cleaned up the intake and exhaust lines for the furnace and water heater, and drawer pulls installed.

Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0257.JPG   DPP_0258.JPG   DPP_0256.JPG  
Old 12-17-2013, 05:01 AM   #224

So I'll just have Ford drop-ship my van to you...where?

Looks great! Nothing like building it the way YOU want it to be done.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #225

Quote:
So I'll just have Ford drop-ship my van to you...where?

Looks great! Nothing like building it the way YOU want it to be done.
I'd love to build your van, lndshark. Have it shipped to me next November, or now, so I could have it done before March.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #226

I took the van out on it's first 150 mile road trip today to get a few parts I needed. It rode and handled pretty damn good. Mpg? not so good.
I'm taking it back down to Montrose on Friday to get all the back windows tinted a limo black and the drivers and passenger tinted at a 45. I'm also getting a 3M clear bra installed. Everything else should be all done by this Saturday or Sunday. Time to get it packed and head south for a few months.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #227

Congratulations. Let the fun begin.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
I took the van out on it's first 150 mile road trip today to get a few parts I needed. It rode and handled pretty damn good. Mpg? not so good.
I'm taking it back down to Montrose on Friday to get all the back windows tinted a limo black and the drivers and passenger tinted at a 45. I'm also getting a 3M clear bra installed. Everything else should be all done by this Saturday or Sunday. Time to get it packed and head south for a few months.

I'm sure the tint will help the gas mileage tremendously.....
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #229

Your attention to detail is fantastic! Thx for such an informative build thread. I am glad that I decided to stop by this forum tonight. I will have to revisit it and do a more thorough read, as I saw some ideas that I might borrow. If your ever get a chance to stop by ExPo, take a look at my build, and feel free to give me some ideas.

Thx,

Brad

http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...ANdiana-Jones!
Old 12-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #230

Don't know if you're going Baja or Gulf, but if you go Baja I'd love to buy you a beer and check out your van!
I'm a little north of San Diego proper in Encinitas.