Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #81

Re: 2013 E350 New Build

Got the framing done on the drivers side.

Adding little strips to give me an airspace for the next layer of insulation.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0113.JPG   DPP_0114.JPG   DPP_0115.JPG  

skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #82

Almost done with the 1" foil backed foam board.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0116.JPG   DPP_0119.JPG   DPP_0117.JPG  
Old 11-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #83

Passanger side template.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0118.JPG  
Old 11-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #84

Great job!
Thanks for taking so many pictures!

How is the wooden window frame attached to the body?
BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFALO
Great job!
Thanks for taking so many pictures!

How is the wooden window frame attached to the body?
Right now it is just a snug fit around the window. When I put the finish panel on I will run some Lexel caulk on the back of the frame and the plywood will push it in tight and hold it in place.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:59 AM   #86
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

Skinny you are one heckuva remodelin' machine my friend!

It just occurred to me suggesting something, perhaps a bit too late though.......

Noticing your exposed wiring harnesses leading from the B-Pillar rearward---I routed mine inside existing cavities or cut and spliced them back together leaving all factory connectors in place. To me the larger bundle mounted along the top interfered with my finish paneling. I relocated it lower---in your case just below the windows.

The bundle that forms the entire rear wiring is somewhat easily fished through that channel which holds the factory rear cargo light. This same channel is also the mount for upper door latches etc. By removing all tail lights ect it was somewhat easy to move all those wires inside the channel.

Ground wires currently attached but exposed to the cargo bay were relocated inside the vertical tail light chases, both left and right sides.

The biggest challenge--if you can call it that---was splicing the larger bundle from the B-Pillar so that it could be tucked between the outer body skin and inner structures near the left tail light assembly. With a good ratcheting-type crimping tool splices were simple and secure---it was just a matter of extending each wire into the left T/L chase and then upward, reconnecting them, checking for proper operation once finished, before covering them up.

Just an idea and maybe a bit over the top but I've done it twice and not regretted it one bit; neat, clean look. Since those wires are enclosed and out of the way finishing the interior is a bit easier since you don't have to work around them.

Just an idea--------great progress. I just wonder when you have time to work or sleep!?!?!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA
Skinny you are one heckuva remodelin' machine my friend!

It just occurred to me suggesting something, perhaps a bit too late though.......

Noticing your exposed wiring harnesses leading from the B-Pillar rearward---I routed mine inside existing cavities or cut and spliced them back together leaving all factory connectors in place. To me the larger bundle mounted along the top interfered with my finish paneling. I relocated it lower---in your case just below the windows.

The bundle that forms the entire rear wiring is somewhat easily fished through that channel which holds the factory rear cargo light. This same channel is also the mount for upper door latches etc. By removing all tail lights ect it was somewhat easy to move all those wires inside the channel.

Ground wires currently attached but exposed to the cargo bay were relocated inside the vertical tail light chases, both left and right sides.

The biggest challenge--if you can call it that---was splicing the larger bundle from the B-Pillar so that it could be tucked between the outer body skin and inner structures near the left tail light assembly. With a good ratcheting-type crimping tool splices were simple and secure---it was just a matter of extending each wire into the left T/L chase and then upward, reconnecting them, checking for proper operation once finished, before covering them up.

Just an idea and maybe a bit over the top but I've done it twice and not regretted it one bit; neat, clean look. Since those wires are enclosed and out of the way finishing the interior is a bit easier since you don't have to work around them.

Just an idea--------great progress. I just wonder when you have time to work or sleep!?!?!
Thanks for the idea. I relocated the wiring harness this morning. It really did clean things up and I think it will be time well spent when it comes to installing trim panels.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #88

I hope I'm not color blind. If I am, JWA is going to have to come and help me out. It was his idea after all to relocate this wiring harness. ;-)

Started a little wiring today

And tore apart the dash for instal of the Kenwood stereo
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0120.JPG   DPP_0123.JPG   DPP_0121.JPG  
Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #89

I could use some help here if anyone can. The harness I'm holding came with the Kenwood. The two gray plugs on the right came out of the factory radio. Is there a wiring harness available to plug and play, or do I just have to start cutting wires and splicing? If I do, is there a wiring diagram somewhere that will tell me what all the Ford wires are? The wide plug has all the speaker wires and three others. The little one has a bunch I have no clue what they are.

I left kind of a mess tonight.

My auxiliary diesel tank showed up today. That was fast, I just ordered it last week.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0122.JPG   DPP_0126.JPG   DPP_0125.JPG  
Old 11-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #90

I would by the adapter for the stereo wiring. They make life easy and if shopped online they are pretty cheap. Otherwise, cut and splice.

If you cut and splice, use solder or the heat shrink butt connectors.
taylorvon is offline   Reply With Quote