Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
MSD

Garage
7.3L 4x4 UJOR van

Well I add another one to the stable! At first I thought it would be a winter project and flip in the spring... but not any more gonna keep it. So figure I should start a proper build tread, since I didn't do that with MCSporty but will do a time line post of all its work at a later date.

So the particulars of the van.
It's name Vinnie D Van - Bought from expo member DJBonsu (aka William)
He's a great guy...
2000 7.3L
Dana 60 front 4.10s
Dana 60 full float rear with detroit trutrack
Mile Marker locking hubs
Ujoint 6" lift
35" Toyo R/T's (not a big fan thus far, like the BFG KO's much more)
Aluminess rear tire carrier
Rigid truck lights with LED's
Pop out windows,plus power locks and windows
Tow mirrors (pretty hammered so will be replacing them)
New IDM, fuel pump, red head steer gear, alternator, vacuum pump, batteries and cables, radiator (probably replace with a alloy unit like I have in Sporty) compressor. Think that's it. Pictures in a second.

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
MSD

Garage
Pictues or it didn't happen... LOL!
First thing first will be add an Alluminess bumper, wanted to add a UJOR tube bumper but doesn't sound like they are going to continue with it.
change out the side marker lights to smoke since I have an extra set.
Billet grill and of course on this one full interior build and high roof CCV pop top will be in the works as well.
Attached Thumbnails
vinnie #2.jpg   vinnnie & sporty.jpg   vinnie.jpg  
Old 12-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #3

Garage
Sure does look like a well kept slate to build on. Subscribed to see how your build goes...always interesting to see what others come up with, especially when they're already familiar with these types of Rigs.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:48 PM   #4

Looks great Mark! Congrats on the new van. Ujoint 4x4 with a high roof CCV poptop is a dreamy combo. When you get it all done, let me know so I can buy it.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:01 AM   #5
MSD

Garage
So not much has happened with Vinnie but I’ve made some progress... did some maintenance on him with a new starter (old one was giving me issues) and windshield wiper motor (original one had a short in it & would stop working when wet).

Exterior added a front bumper, didn’t got with aluminess. Had an Ironcross fall in my lap for next to nothing so took it & modified it. I’m not into their nazi/racist logo. So got the cutter out & made vent holes with some wire mesh. Found an aluminess ladder local so that needs to be put on as well but a few more things need to happen before I do. Trying to up load some pictures but having trouble (iPad)
Old 03-30-2020, 02:20 PM   #6
MSD

Garage
So for what ever reason I can't down load photo's from my Ipad to the Forum... go figure. But my Dell no issues. So I ended up cutting in some much needed venting to help keep the 7.3 cooler. Or at least that's my story I'll be adding some additional lights in the bumper once the winch goes in, one set of flush mount floods and another set of flush mount ambers.
Attached Thumbnails
vinnie bumper 1.jpg   vinnie bumper 2.jpg   vinnie bumper 3.jpg  
Old 03-30-2020, 02:32 PM   #7
MSD

Garage
This weekend I started getting Vinnie prepped for rocker paint, I really like raptor liner and have used it on many vans. It sprays great, doesn't clog and is tintable if you buy that version. Here are the results...
Attached Thumbnails
vinne rocker 1.jpg   vinnie rocker 3.jpg   vinnie rocker with raptor.jpg   vinnie rocker pass side.jpg  
Old 03-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #8
MSD

Garage
So after getting Vinnie all prepped for wrap I started getting some of the easy stuff laid down. I've wrapped a few vans, cars and tops as well. I have always been able to use full sheets and do seamless wraps. Not with this stuff... it's super hard to work with... If you heat it, it helps but I don't want to stretch it to much to distort the camo style wrap. This is what they call Urban Snow camo Dark gray. When it's all done I think it will look great and at the end of the day this thing is gonna (and does) get used hard but always maintained, so I've never had any intention of it being a garage princess.
Attached Thumbnails
vinnie urban camo 1.jpg   vinnie urban camo 2.jpg   vinnie urban camo 3.jpg   vinnie urban camo 4.jpg  
Old 03-30-2020, 06:37 PM   #9

Looking good! I've been wanting to spray the rockers with raptor liner for quite some time. Just curious, why didn't you pull the flares before spraying?
Old 03-30-2020, 07:27 PM   #10
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Looking good! I've been wanting to spray the rockers with raptor liner for quite some time. Just curious, why didn't you pull the flares before spraying?
Thanks. Mostly cause I spray it fairly heavy about 2 miles thick (2 bottles) you can do the whole van with one. When it’s that thick the flares don’t fit back on very well over that rocker line & makes the up part of the flare sit funny. Ran into this on my other van & had to do some sanding & re-spray. I’ll be taking them off for the wrap & be butting the wrap to my spray line where the flares are now...