Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2016, 05:50 AM   #91

Send a message via AIM to garymarshall
interesting option ...... its snow season in Columbus Ohio right now so I have time to contemplate the issue .... thank you, Gary.

garymarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #92

jydog...I have a question concerning the 94 coachmen that you previously owned.....to my knowledge my 93 is the secound model year (body style) and your 94 would be the third model year.....while looking at your pictures they look identical ..... puke teal interior included.....I watched a video of yours that showed the updating of the interior door trim which I tried and very successfully installed 98 year trim from a former EMS vehicle onto my doors....everything worked great except the electrical end connectors needed changed out but the guys at the Best Buys audio instalation service corrected that problem for me for less that $50. Next I decided to swap out the side mirrors....the style on my van were the same smallish ones like on yours but my daily driver for work is an E-350 2003 7.3 (526,000 and going strong) it has the next mirror design a paddle style....since Im used to those I decided to switch to them... I saw that you used a towing mirror upgrade which I think may have been first introduced in the mid 2000's....I figured if they fit then the paddle style should fit so I orderd a pair for a 98 model van and when I tried the install they didn't match up....the old had a three screw attachment but the new had fore ....did you run into the same problem? before I started drilling and cutting I thought I'd run it past you and the other readers who may have run into this problem before. ....If you are still reading to this point of this long post then I owe you a dollar!
Old 01-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #93

94 Coachmen Class B

I ran in to this problem on my 95 van when I got newer door panels. I yes figured it out and finally just dremelled the newer mirror switch hole to accept the older switch. It looked ok, not great but ok. It's deep in the Rusty build thread somewhere, probably on the first few pages.

Edit:

Wait, I just reread your post. I see now you are talking about the actual mirrors not the switch. I'll leave the info above in case it helps but as for the newer mirrors themselves you can either cut off the 4th post or drill the door sheet metal out with a step bit. To accept the 4 post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 08:24 AM   #94

That's a good solution if you have a steady hand.....luckily my new/newer panels already had all the switches necessary .... my problem is ...the new mirrors do not physically fit on the doors.... the original mirrors had three studs going through the doors the new replacement mirrors have four studs...I was wondering if the ford trucks F-250 F-350 and such used four stud mirrors and possibly they sent me the wrong ones. When jydog see's this post maybe he'll remember if his mirrors had three or four posts through the doors......THANKS 86!
Old 03-09-2017, 04:46 AM   #95

Sorry for the late reply but yes I had to drill holes for the newer towing mirrors. My next project I plan to get the even larger 2007+ f series towing mirrors. It seems they share the same bolt pattern as the 98 mirrors.
jydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:19 PM   #96

OK thanks jydog .... I was hoping for a direct bolt on solution but drilling a couple of holes will be an easy fix compared to what will need to be done to this van before I'm finished....thanks again .... Gary