Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2020, 06:42 AM   #21
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Fass240us View Post
$335 for all 5 shipped; that's 4 side boxes and the rear with a backing flange for each

Not bad all things considered
Absolutely not---good find is CutSendCut!

I have rudimentary experience working with creating my own CAD/CAM drawings so could somewhat navigate their site if needed.

Thanks for sharing this outfit and your experience with them so far.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Thanks for sharing this outfit and your experience with them so far.
You're very welcome. Thanks for engaging; sometimes feels like I'm talking to myself, especially on ExpeditionPortal lol.

But wait, there's more!

Comparison to original scene light:

Both rear floods hooked up. Might need to aim these down a little lol.

2Fass240us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:43 PM   #23

Finally got the roof rack painted, aiming to get it installed Sunday with help from a friend and my younger brother.

Also got the awning in, one of these. Looking forward to installing it soon, but might have to wait a few weeks.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:06 AM   #24

Rack mounted!!! My brother came by yesterday and we got it up top with the cart I made for it, ladders, moving blankets, and a piece of 3" PVC to slide it up and move it without the feet scraping the roof.

I still need to mount the rest of the Trex which will be harder 10' off the ground, but had to get the rack outta the garage.

Old 07-31-2020, 09:08 AM   #25
JWA

Personally I'll be looking forward to your Overland Pro's 270* awning. I don't envision having one for myself but always thought that was a fascinating awning.

Good job on hoisting the rack on top of the van---I've done similar things and its NEVER as easy as we dream/hope it will be!
Old 07-31-2020, 01:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Personally I'll be looking forward to your Overland Pro's 270* awning. I don't envision having one for myself but always thought that was a fascinating awning.
From a test-fit, I'm not sure it'll be big enough for the shade I need but plan to mount it since the brackets are already attached to the rack.

Quote:
Good job on hoisting the rack on top of the van---I've done similar things and its NEVER as easy as we dream/hope it will be!
Hardest part was lining up all the holes, since we didn't allow for much room for error when we built the rack.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #27
JWA

Looking good----as already said you're on a roll!

BTW IF you ever want to sell the factory door mounted mirrors please let me know! I have a 2000 that's parked on the street and we have a neighborhood drunk who takes dead aim at my driver's side mirror from time-to-time. So far he/she has only knocked the glass out---no biggie I'm in the auto/truck glass business---but sooner or later the entire mirror will probably be toast.
Old 08-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #28

Quote:
Looking good----as already said you're on a roll!
Appreciate the kind words. It's just you and me in here lately, so your replies keep me from feeling like I'm posting into the void haha.

Quote:
BTW IF you ever want to sell the factory door mounted mirrors please let me know! I have a 2000 that's parked on the street and we have a neighborhood drunk who takes dead aim at my driver's side mirror from time-to-time. So far he/she has only knocked the glass out---no biggie I'm in the auto/truck glass business---but sooner or later the entire mirror will probably be toast.
I will, just not anytime soon. I'll need wider mirrors for towing.
Old 08-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #29
JWA

Sometimes a thread will take on a life of its own, other times it'll drift so far from the original topic it just doesn't belong to the OP any longer!

Your thread is being read even if replies etc aren't too plentiful. It's also good to post your progress here in case you lose something or forget what you've already done. That doesn't happen to me a lot but it has---and will again in the future too I'm sure!
Old 08-13-2020, 01:07 PM   #30

Quote:
Sometimes a thread will take on a life of its own, other times it'll drift so far from the original topic it just doesn't belong to the OP any longer!

Your thread is being read even if replies etc aren't too plentiful. It's also good to post your progress here in case you lose something or forget what you've already done. That doesn't happen to me a lot but it has---and will again in the future too I'm sure!
True, looks like 1,400 views so far.

Losing track over the life of the project is likely haha.