Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #11

Anchoring sofa and belts?

Regist1
If they are not interested in you hinges, I may be if my offer for a Westy sofa falls through on Monday.

Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #12

Re: Anchoring sofa and belts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regist1
Zuren, I have a set of "rock-n-roll" hinges I bought new and have never gotten around to using. PM if you are interested in them. I have a 15 passenger van and the attachment points are just a large steel washer with nut weld to the underside of the floor between the reinforcements.
Thanks for the offer but I will have to pass. I'm not confident my fabrication skills on this type of project to just start with parts and end up with what I want. I also don't have as much time as I would like to have to tinker with projects. I'll have to plan and schedule just to get a prefabbed unit installed. Thanks again!
zuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #13

@Regist1,
Pm sent about hinges, but odd forum behavior. dont see that it went through.
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #14

I have posted a picture of them on my gallery. Sorry to all who PM earlier, I had trouble getting photo on my gallery
Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller
I'll post some pics in about a week. I'm out of town for the next 7 days... The seat frames and cushions are excellent.
Hey Traveller - Hate to be a pest but I would love to see some pics of your sofa! The weather is warming up so I'm getting all of my van projects staged. Thanks!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:35 PM   #16

Sorry, I forgot... Here's a photo. The seat plus a cushion behind cast a little over $600 with their best foam. They also make curtains. A full set not including the front 3 windows of flame retardant curtains was about $95. Their web site is: <http://www.home-style.com/flash_content/index.html> Ask for Rae if you call.

John
Attached Thumbnails
Boise Spring 016a.jpg  
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 PM   #17

Quote:
Sorry, I forgot... Here's a photo. The seat plus a cushion behind cast a little over $600 with their best foam. They also make curtains. A full set not including the front 3 windows of flame retardant curtains was about $95. Their web site is: <http://www.home-style.com/flash_content/index.html> Ask for Rae if you call.

John
So a little more than $600 bought:
  • - cushions with their best foam
    - choice of fabric
    - seatbelts
    - folding frame

Then you just trimmed out the lower front with a wood face and drawers? Your setup looks nice!

Thanks for posting the image! It's a big help!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #18

Quote:

John
So I have been in contact with a couple companies and I'm still trying to decide what to do.

I contacted Home-Style and spoke with Sam, very nice guy. He said the smallest they go is 53" wide. With my interior in its current configuration, I have 58" to work with. That would almost eliminate any kind of storage unit along the side. I'm looking for something in the 46" wide range.

I found this company that makes a very nice bed. The problem is the cost (~$780 USD frame only) and I would need to ship it from the UK (about another $500). I would still need to make cushions and install seatbelts. It is about the perfect width, would sit 2 adults, sleeping surface is a little narrow but my g/f and I are thin and tall, and it is ~74" long; I wouldn't need to build an extension.

http://smart-beds.com/gallery.asp

Pretty much everything offered in the USA is the VW rock-n-roll bed (not really a fan) or is 52"+ wide. I may need to weld something myself.