I've been posting around here and realized I don't have an official build thread. I think someone else around here also uses the name but we are calling it the White Buffalo.
- Chevy Express 1500 AWD cargo van
- 5.3L V8, 3.42 diff. gears
- Dual cargo doors on the sides
- Full window body
- Outfitted as a mobile office for an insurance company
- Included 3000w inverter and rear heating/cooling unit
- Rear G80 locker
Modifications to date:
- Desk and chair removed
- Converted to 4WD - AWD replaced with part-time NP241 transfer case
- 16" Silverado wheels
- Firestone Destination A/T tires (5)
- 2" Hidden Hitch receiver and harness
- Front cargo van grill/headlights swapped for composite lights/nicer grill
- Rear diff. cover (with fill and drain ports)
- Mobil 1 lubricants throughout
- Rear reading lights rewired
- LED bulbs throughout cabin
- Contoure Heatmate alcohol heater/stove
- Electric space heater (when 110v hook up is available)
- Purchase and install rear sofa bed (researching)
- Front and rear auxiallary lighting (PIAA driving and fogs)
- Layout built-in storage
- Suspension adjustments (leveling)
- Install and wire house battery (Diehard Platinum Group 31)
- Install HAM radio
- Modify rear fan motor to run off of house battery when parked
- Yeti cooler
- VW pop top?
- Portable toilet?
Since it is a 1/2 ton, the goal is to keep it light and functional for camping, hunting and fishing. The interior will be similar to a VW campervan/RB50 but without a fridge, sink, etc. There will be no plumbing. Any showering will be handled by a solar shower. Food storage will be dry or in the Yeti cooler. Items being installed will be designed to be modular and removable so it could easily come out and go into a different van.
I'll add more as I progress. I have threads and write-ups over at ExPo under the same username as well.