Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eatmorefish View Post
Be advised, xantrex has been having trouble with their quality, particularly the mother boards. I had this inverter for years with no problems then went to install another in a different rig that only ran for about a minute. Unfortunately, I let it sit on my shelf for too long and the warrenty ran out b4 I even installed it. I ended up eating that one. I also know of two others that had the same issue purchased last year, they caught it in time and were covered. Suffice to say xantrex is no longer high on my recommend list.
Sorry to hear this.

The Xantrex 817-2080 Freedom XC 2000 isn't repairable.... must all be on circuit boards I guess.

their more expensive transformer based ones are repairable..... i spoke with the company about this.

Currently leaning towards a whole system by Victron. Repairable, good warranty, supposedly good quality, and all the different components talk to each other.

Spoke with a trusted solar installer this morning, and with a few hundred dollars of add on Victron tech.. the solar installer (or seller of the system) can work with me to diagnose and fine tune the system. awesome.

J

LosAngeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:10 PM   #12

I had the 4000 model which operated without incident, until it didn't! I had SMB Texas install it in my 2003 E-350 as part of a solar upgrade. I knew nothing about inverters and let them choose. When it finally died a few years ago I thought I would get it repaired. Forget that option; no one touches them. So, I started shopping. Number one on my list was something that was repairable so that is where I started (and ended BTW). I decided on the MS Series from MagnaSine. It is field repairable and I have been very happy with it. I advice that you give them a look-see before you purchase a Xantrex.
twotimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:25 PM   #13
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Haven’t had a chance to put mine through it’s paces yet, so I can’t comment on usage, but it’s the unit that was installed for our remodel. I think it’s the unit that CCV installs and it’s the one that Matt (AVC) uses for his builds so that says something.
Yup this is what we still use at CCV and Matt uses it because he knows how reliable it is from working here as well...
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 01:28 PM   #14

I had my CCV poptop installed in August 2017, and at the same time, they installed a Xantrex HFS 2055 inverter/charger. To the best of my knowledge, it has worked flawlessly since then and the only time I hear the fans is when I'm using my microwave, but then, that has a fan, too.

Before I got a 12-volt cord for my CPAP machine I used the inverter to run it all night and I never noticed if the fan went on or not. If it did, well, I didn't hear it...

\Paul A
2014 E-350 EB
Quigley conversion
CCV top
200-watt Renogy solar system
2000 watt Xantrex inverter/charger
palsing is offline   Reply With Quote