Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #11

Re: Best fuel economy vs DIY Campervan conversion

greetings evy,

Can a 1/2 ton Chevy _handle_ a conversion like a Roadtrek.??? Well, as others have stated; "No"...

BUT...if you can think along the lines of a WESTY light interior build then yes.

Ours is my wife's daily driver and though i should probably check the post that was mentioned earlier by another i'm going to go out on a limb and state that our real world millage at this point (~24K miles) is as follows:
...with our normal road (~4 weeks of supplies on board. ~6800/6900lbs at scales two bodies and full tanks)

In city to/from work: 13/14mpg
On Highway: ~16/17mpg
Towing our Parkliner on HWY: ~15/16mpg

(a Post Script note on millage: After posting this i did re-visit the post mentioned. Now i have to say that my current figures are not as scientific as the ones in the post mentioned. I was doing all the math back then on a calculator after each fill up. These days Cari just tells me; I drove XXXMiles and used XXgallons last fill. Maybe i should get out the calculator. I know the original data was spot on as i did the math myself.)

Any way we slice it...that is ok with us since we have a rolling Bed & Breakfast anywhere we go.

Hope that helps.
Feel free to PM me or ask away in your thread (or mine) if it makes sense.

Cheers,
Thom

accrete is offline   Reply With Quote