Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2020, 05:54 PM   #61
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
WOW!! Just read the whole post/history, what a treat! Skill, craftsmanship,abilty to re-do "no big deal" attitude and (again) skill...very impressive..and actually using BettySue (I am guessing mmmbeer plate a little too noticeable?lol) absolutely great! Only thing I noticed, maybe some insolation over wheel well? Since lines are so close and MORE PICTURES OF ADVENTURES!! Thanks again for the entertainment on this coldcovidwinternight!

ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:37 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUMX117 View Post
I am so happy to have found your build. Your van is literally EXACTLY what I am wanting to build for myself and my wife. We are enduro and starting to be dual sport riders and we like to travel as well. Subscribing to follow your rebuild!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
WOW!! Just read the whole post/history, what a treat! Skill, craftsmanship,abilty to re-do "no big deal" attitude and (again) skill...very impressive..and actually using BettySue (I am guessing mmmbeer plate a little too noticeable?lol) absolutely great! Only thing I noticed, maybe some insolation over wheel well? Since lines are so close and MORE PICTURES OF ADVENTURES!! Thanks again for the entertainment on this coldcovidwinternight!
Thanks! I am adding insulation over the wheel wells, just haven't got to it yet. I will when I build the under bed slide.

Sorry I haven't posted a update, but here we go.

Wife wanted a bench to sit on. And I moved the water pump switch from under the bed, back of the van, to under the sink. That way I can just switch it on and off when needed. A round USB plug is next to it.

I also moved the power center up front for easy access too. I didn't take any pics of the mattress in, but it's in now. I'm still waiting on the custom order blinds to come in so I can build my window frames out.

Before:

After:

More to come when I finish everything.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 05:42 AM   #63

Garage
Looks good!
Funny how we constantly want/wish to change things around to suit our desires... and the "what if's", "why not's", & "just because" upgrades always seem to spawn additional projects - it truly never ends.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:36 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Looks good!
Funny how we constantly want/wish to change things around to suit our desires... and the "what if's", "why not's", & "just because" upgrades always seem to spawn additional projects - it truly never ends.
That's no lie.

Finally got the van on 35". I still have one leaf spring left to install, shocks, and transmission. But it's getting there. I picked the best time to do this. It's freaking freezing here.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:08 PM   #65

Did some camping. About to do some more next week.

Picked up a Fiamma f45 from 1der.

Wrapped it with vinyl:

Old 05-02-2021, 03:17 PM   #66

I was gonna rebuild my transmission, but decided to go another route to finish 4WD.

I ordered a extension housing from Quigley. It makes the 2WD transmission bolt up to a NV271 without a rebuild.

I have to pull the driveshaft to check the spline count of the tail shaft. It's either 31 or 34 splines. Either way, I have both input shafts to match it.

I'm waiting on the rebuild kit for my NV271 to come in. Should be here later this week. It seems complicated, but rebuilding a transfer case is VERY easy. If you can change your brakes, you can tackle this job. It's one main shaft and a selector fork. And a chain with 2 gears. The secret is, a good set of external snap ring pliers. The MATCO P24a pliers. They're $40, but it will save you a lot of headache.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
I was gonna rebuild my transmission, but decided to go another route to finish 4WD.

I ordered a extension housing from Quigley. It makes the 2WD transmission bolt up to a NV271 without a rebuild.

I have to pull the driveshaft to check the spline count of the tail shaft. It's either 31 or 34 splines. Either way, I have both input shafts to match it.

I'm waiting on the rebuild kit for my NV271 to come in. Should be here later this week. It seems complicated, but rebuilding a transfer case is VERY easy. If you can change your brakes, you can tackle this job. It's one main shaft and a selector fork. And a chain with 2 gears. The secret is, a good set of external snap ring pliers. The MATCO P24a pliers. They're $40, but it will save you a lot of headache.

What did the Quigley Adapter cost roughly? Thanks!!!! Can't wait to see your progress!!!!
OUMX117 is offline   Reply With Quote