Figured I had better finish this up and not leave it hanging for years
After I finished the insulation I started on the cabinets. I had a wish list but no experience living in such a small space so I did a bunch of full size mock-ups with 1/2" OSB that I got from the dump. Before the cabinets wre installed I covered the walls and insulation with 5 mm. plywood attached to the ribs with pop rivets.
Decided on a more open design without high side cabinets. I raised the rear storage and bed platform up high enough to be able to install a pull out table for the seating area. The table slides out to eat or play games and comes all the way out to be used as part of the main bed platform. The seat bottoms get lifted up and set onto cleats level with the rear deck. then the table is extended all the way out and locked into place with a pair of rotating cams or clips. The cushions then fill in the bed. It's a little close to the roof when the top is down but these projects are nothing if not a whole series of trade -offs.
All the cabinets were made from 3/4" cherry plywood and stained with Watco natural oil finish. All exposed edge are trimmed with black T-molding. All cabinetry was glued and screwed down to the plywood floor. Not a squeak, not a hint of movement.
The galley and battery box were installed on the driver's side with the battery box low enough so that I could still recline the seat somewhat. The battery box has a vent hole in the bottom and a gasketed lid with lid clamps to keep it shut tight.
The electrics were planned at this stage and integrated into the cabinets concurrent with their installation.
At this point we actually used the van for a few trips without a sink cabinet while I gave it some thought. Decided that we didn't really need anything too fancy and initially had what you see with just a 5 gallon jug, 5 gal catch basin and a hand pump. The hand pump was was hated from the start and it was a relief when it got water left in it during cold weather and broke. I did an under mount stainless steel sink made from an old 2 basin sink that I got from the re-store and cut into two separate basins. Of course the temporary laminate top that I used got damaged almost immediately, and I replaced it with solid maple. The hand pump got tossed and an electric pump and faucet were installed.
I made the entire sink cabinet so the it can be disconnected and easily removed if I ever need to get large items into the side door cargo area. We have been very happy with this layout. We can both sprawl on the benches, eat meals, read and play games.The galley works great and we cook almost as good as we do at home. One thing I would do differently (and did on my next build) is have better lighting. One of these days I need to add a few more LEDs to the valance areas.