Originally Posted by frostyone
Which sofa did you end up going with? Have a link?
I went with Superior Seating Inc. out of Elkhart, IN:
Here are the specs:
- Lectra model - 50"
- Manual fold
- Manual slide (front to rear adjustment)
- Headrest option (removable)
- Armrest option (folding)
- Add-a-back (folding)
- Additional custom cushion to match to the upholstery (total bed platform = 74"L x 50"W)
- Good, responsive customer service
- Relatively short wait time (about 2 weeks)
- One of the only sofa manufacturers I found with narrow width seating (46", 48", 50", etc.)
- Freighted to my door on a pallet with good packaging
- I ordered a 48" sofa. The sofa and Add-a-back that arrived were 50" while the additional custom cushion was 48". I had wavered between 48" and 50" so I took this error as a sign from a higher being and accepted the wider sofa. Superior Seating is working with me to make a new cushion that matches the rest of it.
- The mounting is going to be more challenging than I thought.
- They use what I believe to be an Atwood Mobile Products frame: (http://www.atwoodmobile.com/seating/sea ... frames.asp
- 2nd image down) As you can see, there won't be a lot of underseat storage.
I kind of included some margin of error and dealing with issues since this was a custom order.